• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I booked Pebble's Spay today!!

Mazda

Warren Veteran
:D:D:D woo hoo!! :D:D:D
I couldnt beleive it when we went to the vets today for pebble to have her VHD jab, and to get a vacination certificate. I never thought Mum would book her spay!! :shock::D:D Its booked for the 27th of october :D x And one thing i thought was fab was that the branch i go to is the small pratice of the pair, and the vet said that we can drop pebble of there at ten in the morning and the vet will take her to the bigger branch in chepstow for her op, and bring her back to the branch by our house at half four. :) :)

Is there anything i should know before her spay? I know not to starve her, but is there anyhting else i should know? Also how about after care?? I have emailed someone on freecyle to see about an indoor cage for while she is recovering. x But she will have to go bak outside when half term is over. The thing im worried about is her getting cold, as they shave off the fur on the belly dont they?

Also this is a bit of a silly question, but i wwill have ot lable her carrier wont i? The only thing is is that i dont want to put a sticker on it, because when i clean it the sticker will get wet and go all manky. :oops: So how could i label it? Would a dog tag be ok? If i got one of then engraved and put it on the handle or the door of the carrier? Would that be ok? How do you guys label carriers?? xxxx

The Vets usually put labels on the carriers. I took Five in once and they labelled each one with the rabbits name and my name.

As for aftercare, keep her inside for a couple of days, nice, warm and quiet.
Offer plenty of fav treats and leave her be.
Bed her on towels and maybe offer a bowl of water.

x

I would put it on just in case and I had to describe my carrier to the nurse, as they had not labelled it.

Had to check it was Charlie in the carrier, just for my own curiosity

Back