• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Safety for House rabbits

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
Does anyone use anything on their post/letter box on their front door to protect the buns?

One of my neighbours in the area has been saying they are going to put rat poison in my post box. I have told the police and they said there is nothing to worry about and have warned them to stay away and that they are no threat now. But I still want to get something to cover my post box just in case.

Last edited:
Oh poor you. Some people are just :censored:
I had a problem with 'youths' in my old house (ie the little :censored: I had to teach) and worried about them putting things through the letterbos.
I bought a basket that clips onto the inside of the letter box, which you could line so that nothing drops through.

thats awful,, betterware do one of those mail catcher tray things, ive got kids playing in my estate (all bought houses grrrr) that kick footballs at your cars and windows its so annoying...

I have ordered a wired basket and plan on lining it. Didn't realise till after I ordered it that it won't be here until end of next week. So may look around and buy another one to get it sooner.

The person was probably just drunk hopefully and being mean.

Could you build something yourself until you get the basket? Like a cardboard box lined with a bin bag? Or could you just block the door area so that the bunnies can't get anywhere near it?
Some people are so stupid. :evil:

thanks these are good ideas. I'm thinking I'll give the box one a go for now until the rack arrives.

Back