• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who has made a rabbit hutch?

My dad made my hutch (I'm 27 ha ha ha!). He used plywood with a cavity wall (basically 2 layers of the wood with a gap between) alround. We stuffed the cavity with insulation so it's warm. He used more plywood to make a division so they have a bedroom (it's actually the toilet they've decided:roll:) He used 2X2 for the edges of the roof and more wood covered in felt for the top. Ours is a different structure from the usual but you could adapt it to suit the design you want...

DSCF0838.jpg

DSCF0840.jpg

My dad made my hutch (I'm 27 ha ha ha!). He used plywood with a cavity wall (basically 2 layers of the wood with a gap between) alround. We stuffed the cavity with insulation so it's warm. He used more plywood to make a division so they have a bedroom (it's actually the toilet they've decided:roll:) He used 2X2 for the edges of the roof and more wood covered in felt for the top. Ours is a different structure from the usual but you could adapt it to suit the design you want...

DSCF0838.jpg

DSCF0840.jpg

Thats great.
How big is it?
How much was the overall cost?

you saw my hutches last night. the big ones measure 6 foot long,2 foot deep and each level is 2 foot high. they cost about £180 each to make.

My OH is getting in touch with his Grandad who is a carptener, or whatever.

They reckon he will make me the hutch and one for the GP's too. All i would have to buy is Mesh.

I have got to draw down the designs with sizes and let them know! :D

That hutch is 5ft x 2ft x 2.5ft and the buns have permanent access to the run which is 6ft x 5ft x 2.5ft. TBH I have no idea how much it cost because my Dad was under the impression that the rabbits were for my kids and so made it for 'them'. Ahem. :oops::lol::lol:

Yup you're not gonna get rid of me that easily!! :lol::lol:

*that means tommy's old place will be free ;)*

LOL!!!!
Tommys old place isnt suitable!!!! Tommy was mean to bond with the others and didnt so i had to use one of the smaller hutches for him for now!!

x

LOL!!!!
Tommys old place isnt suitable!!!! Tommy was mean to bond with the others and didnt so i had to use one of the smaller hutches for him for now!!

x
Ask (sweetly with fluttering eyes) your carpenter relative (forgot which sort he was :oops:) to expand it... or just make two while he's at it :lol:

Ask (sweetly with fluttering eyes) your carpenter relative (forgot which sort he was :oops:) to expand it... or just make two while he's at it :lol:

Lol. Hes making me two 7x2x2! and then four 5x2x2 for the GP's!!

Lol! Fingers crossed!!!!!
Asking him tomorrow!!!

:shock:you don't ask for much do you :lol:

Lol! They would be stacked if you get me lol.

We have been out in garden measuring it all up etc etc.

Were watching a playhouse on ebay too, which finishes tomorrow and is at such a low price at the moment!

Wahoo, cant wait!!

Hows the little Petra today?! :love::D;)

:lol:petra is back to herself, mugged me for the veggies this morning :lol:shes a bit greedy sometimes, :lol: most times, actually all the time:lol:

Back