• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This week in Twickenham I am bonding

janice

Wise Old Thumper
Two bunnies have just arrrived one is 'Baby' who is a gorgeous lop with grey paws, ears and nose. A real cutie who simply loves attention.
j5gvol.jpg

The other bun is 'Baby's' dad called Bramley who is due to be paired up with Sally a previously choosy lady who is still looking for her Mr Right. Bramley is a real nosey rabbit and loves to see what is going on. Helen is collecting their new home over the weekend ........... a nice big shed.
35ciq0m.jpg

e5fdpc.jpg

I have just settled them in ready for the arrival of their intended partners later tonight, forunately for their new owners they have been taught to care for their own teeth and are both tucking in to lots of fresh hay.

These were from a group of 5 rabbits who were handed over to the care of ARC when their owners chose between keeping the rabbits or getting a puppy :evil:

Last edited:
So far so good with Baby, there has been a little chasing, thumping by him and he has been trying to hump her, she has been having a go at humping him as well, she has groomed him and he seems to be demanding to be groomed by her. I feel this is all very promising.

Sally and Bramble are not going to be the easiest of buns to bond, but Helen and I knew that before we started, we have descided not too hold out too much hope on this pairing up before we started, we are going to see how we go. We have a plan for their discharge if they do progress and go home together as evey time before an increase in space has always resulted in problems ... Helen is going to keep them restricted for longer to see if we can keep thimgs ok between them. Sally is quite a nervous bun at the best of times but does not seem too stressed at the moment. Bramble has spent time grooming Sally and has well and truely eaten all the banana we have plastered on her. He has pushed and shoved her to try and move her :shock: Like many young rabbits he is constantly on the go :?

I did put them both in the litter tray, but Sally has moved back out and keeps lowering her head when Bramley goes near her, demanding licks which is a good sign.

Janice you do have the patience of a saint.

I have to say that she just looked like she was going to repeat her previous behavior but I do think that Bramley is a bit different to the other suitors. He's got a bit more umph.

If they do decide to get it on, they will be one stunning looking couple (although this was not a reason for trying them together). She is an Isabella/white and grey lady and he is Isabella all over.

So cute.

Oh well, we must accept that she will decide if the marriage is going to work, she always does.

Hope your night isn't too disturbed Janice!:D

Bramley is now trying to exert his manliness over Sally and she isnt going to submit at the moment :?

Baby and her new partner are snuggled in the litter tray

Overnight everything has been pretty quiet.
Baby and her partner have been doing a little chasing, he is still persistently humping her and she is just letting him get on with it.

Sally and Bramley spend quite a bit of time apart, there is no chasing at all. Since we have been up this morning, Bramley has been bounding about like a puppy if he thinks he is going to get any attention or food and then returns to sit in front of Sally so that they are head to head with both of them demanding grooming :? Then Bramley gets up after not getting what he wants, shortly returning to place his head back down again for a groom. As soon as food of any description appears they both move very rapidly :lol:

Well they seem quite happy in each other's company don't they Janice?

Not in love at all just now, but at least they aren't fighting. Tell them, that we have just collected their new home from the lovely Peter and it's fantastic. They'll have a room with a view across the lawn if they decide to get wed.:D

Well they seem quite happy in each other's company don't they Janice?

Not in love at all just now, but at least they aren't fighting. Tell them, that we have just collected their new home from the lovely Peter and it's fantastic. They'll have a room with a view across the lawn if they decide to get wed.:D

They are distant but the good thing is no fighting. Sally seems to tolerate the puppy rabbit whom has been put in with her. She is her normal quiet self but moves rapidly when there are any signs of food about ;) Typical Sally is currently having a snooze.

Back