• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping warm in a dog crate?

**leanne**

Warren Scout
Alfie my frenchie goes outside in his playhouse with attached run in the day and of an early evening I bring him in to play in the conservatory and he also sleeps in a dog crate in there. The conservatory isn't heated so its just like being outside without the wind and rain. But I'm not sure if he's warm enough. His dog crate is on a thick rug and he then has newspaper lining it, then a towel, then a vet bed to sleep on. When it gets a bit colder I'm gonna put him his heat pad in. I do give him hay but he refuses to sit on it and just gobbles it all up (which is good) so do you think he'll be warm enough when it gets colder? Don't wanna put heating in there as he goes out in the day. What else may keep him warmer if not? It does feel really cold out there sometimes. Sorry bout the long post too! :roll:

could you give him a smallish box filled with hay/straw to snuggle into?

i think he will be ok though....after all plenty of buns live outdoors all the time and he has the benefit of not having the wind n rain :)

I have to agree... it may feel cold but he is probably warm with his thick coat on, especially if he is out all day. I have bunnies that live outside all year, and sometimes a I wonder if they may be cold, but they seem warm enough, burried in their straw. I don't think you need to worry about making it warmer. :D

Back