• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm so excited

lauraocal

Warren Scout
I have finally got everything in motion for a new rabbit to join bunny real soon.
She is getting spayed on the 10th october, having a mixi booster too.
I have the number for a rescue centre in kirkby in notts who have a lot of possible suitors.
I've heard that its better to bond a male and female so am looking at the males for her.
I'm hoping they will let me take bunny along once she is better to see if she bonds with any of them.
I don't have any preference as to breed I'm leaving bunny to decide.
I just hope her opperation goes well and before we know it we'll have another little bundle of fluff scampering around our house with bunny.

all sounds really exciting.. ask the rescue if oyu can take her along on a spped dateing session she cn then choose her husbun. also you can see if you cna leave hera few wekes after spey before trying the bond as her hormones should settle then and her woundheal properly..oh and dont forget to ask if they do a bonding service there or if you will need to do it..it can be a bit stressful if you havetn done it before but lots of people on here have and will give advice if you do need to do it! x

Thanks for the advice.. It really is very exciting.:D
What are the chances that the buns wont get on at all, and what do I want to look for as warning signs of this and signs it should go well?

It's not that I think the rescue centre would blatantly let me take a bun if they didn't think they would get on but I'm not one to just take someone elses word as gospel, I would rather be armed with the knowledge to make my own decision.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. :bunny:

Back