• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Teddy not well

Deanna

Warren Scout
Im worried about Teddy, got him yesterday from the vets as he was found roaming around thetford forest, he has been fine up until now and his poos are runny poos (like water) he had a bit of science selective for his breakfast but nothing since he has plenty of hay to eat but he isn't interested and not drunk much either, is there anything I can do, ill be ringing the vet first thing but im worried for him tonight :(

I would call the vet too, but you could try mixing some fresh grass (picked from the garden) with his hay?

I hope he shows signs of improvement soon x x

Please get your bun to the emergency vets asap - this could be really serious:( If he is not eating or drinking and is passing watery poops then he could have a number of things wrong with him and he will also be dehydrated. He really does need a vet :(

I am sending out all the vibes I can for little Teddy - please keep us informed.

Went to emergency vets with Teddy, they have monitered him since early this morning, but he wont drink and they said his intestines are in an aweful state, so unfortunatley Teddy has been put to sleep. its all been too much for him, Bye Bye Baby I did try little man xx:cry:

Last edited:
I'm so sorry.

You tried really hard for him, and for the last moments of his life he knew a home and some love.

Binky Free Teddy.

Back