• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HElp! Looking for Mini Rex

confusedman

Mama Doe
One year ago me and my partner adopted a Mini Lop from a rescue centre here in London. We wanted her to have a boyfriend and once we tryed to bond her with a very very handsome Dutch that we adopted from the same rescue and she wanted to kill him.
Since then we wanted to try again but my partner fell in love with Mini Rex rabbits and we are wainting for one available in the rescue, but.... there's none.
Does anyone know any Mini Rex breeder????
Thanksssssssssss for your help!!!!!!!!!

thing with rabbits is tehy are very choosey about partners and introductions have to be very special. both rabbits ideally should be neutered and it should be a boy/girl pairing ideally. take your bun to a rescue who does bonding too and let your bun choose a rabbit they are happy with?. how about rather than the "type you want" getting a bun that your bun chooses through speed dating. remember any introductions have to be in a neutral area somewhere neither bun has been before ideally with very little smelss.. white vinegar is good to neutralise things(this includes food bowls etc and toys in the area) also remember that chasing fur puling and humping are all normal bonding things and buns should only be seperated when trying to lock on adn fight. ohh also if get from a breeder the bun will be young and so wont be speyed or vaccinated so you will be bringing home a risk to your existing bun too and will have to wait longer and spend money getting enutered first. good luck tho xx

Thank you for your help but I ve checking the rescues website for months and I have never found HIM.
I would like to adopt him instead of buying him but I would like to bond her as soon as possible.... :cry:

Have you seen this bunny...

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=13697

:) I wouldnt reccommend getting a bunny from a breeder :( like everyone else has said, theres plenty of bunnies/mini rexes in rescues, ive just had 2 mini rexes go to a new home only last week! Whats to say when you get the mini rex whos 'the one' for you... that he'll be the one for your bunny :(

Hope you find him soon xXx

Ive seen them but I though he was a Rex and not a Mini Rex. We didnt want a big one because Fanta is quite small and we have not a lot of space .
I'll will follow your advice and I keep waiting for the rescue!!!
Thanksssssssssssss

Ive seen them but I though he was a Rex and not a Mini Rex. We didnt want a big one because Fanta is quite small and we have not a lot of space .
I'll will follow your advice and I keep waiting for the rescue!!!
Thanksssssssssssss

How much space do you have?? :) A small bunny would get on ok with a large bunny :) I have a conti giant and hope to bond him in the near future with a smaller bun :)

How much space do you have?? :) A small bunny would get on ok with a large bunny :) I have a conti giant and hope to bond him in the near future with a smaller bun :)

I've bonded a lionhead with an English & Silver fox, and hope to have a giant in the future also. Size isn't really an issue between rabbits - you just need to make sure you can provide adequate space when/if they're shut in the cage/hutch.

I've bonded a lionhead with an English & Silver fox, and hope to have a giant in the future also. Size isn't really an issue between rabbits - you just need to make sure you can provide adequate space when/if they're shut in the cage/hutch.

Just wondering what size the persons hutch is though :? As he said he has limited space for a normal rex :) Maybe he does but doesnt realise :D :D

Just wondering what size the persons hutch is though :? As he said he has limited space for a normal rex :) Maybe he does but doesnt realise :D :D

Perhaps, although you'd be surprised at what 6 feet is - until you realise you can fit a 6 foot hutch/cage in that space just over there :lol::lol:

Perhaps, although you'd be surprised at what 6 feet is - until you realise you can fit a 6 foot hutch/cage in that space just over there :lol::lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Your telling me!! I have another hutch on the way for foster bunnies, im sure it'll fit somewhere in the garden :oops: :oops:

I wasnt really worried about the difference between them (only a bit) but mostly about the space. Fanta lives in a Nero 3. She runs free on the garden and kitchen one hour in the morning + five or six more hours in the afternoon evening.

Back