• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buns are on their hols

holidayhutch

Warren Veteran
Dropped the buns and piggies and cockatiel off for their holiday yesterday and aaaaaaw I hated leaving them. They are all rescue animals and not been away since we gave them a home. Molly literally froze when we put her in her boarding hutch, was really worried at one point as her stomach just went solid and knotted up. She's never been a bun for liking cuddles but I picked her up and she literally clung to me and snuggled into my neck. She relaxed after a while and her stomach relaxed so popped herback in with Monty and she was fine by the time we left. Does feel odd though here without them whilst we are getting ready to go away.

Dropped the dogs off this morning too so the house is petless at the moment and feels awful.

They have all gone to a lovely place and I have every confidence in the people looking after them, but it's still odd without our babies.

I am dreading leaving mine, I've never been separated from them before :cry::cry:

Molly and Monty will have fun plotting with Guinness and Briony though, I'm sure they'll all have a good natter :)

Thanks Angie, just off to do a final home visit for someone (19 cats to feed and clear up after) then off to the chippie for some tea - lol and bed, up at 1am to set off to the airport. Got buns booked in for the day we get back so hoping no flight delays, family will take care of it though if we're late as they are looking after teh house whilst we're gone:)

Back