• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit sheds and storage

Elimy1987

Warren Scout
So basically ive bought a shed 6ft x 6ft for the buns ive already got some ideas off here as to how i want to set it up just wondering if any of you guys have storage in the sheds also say making a shelf or something quite high up to put their food ect. All pics welcome including pics of inside to give me more inspiration..

Once I have sorted the whole shed up I will upload pics for you all :D

mine is a playhouse so only 5 ft tall inside. i had intended to use a top shelf for storage but soon realised that the buns would be able to get up there. So my advice is if you do store things up high then they need to be very high i.e. more than 2ft above the highest object/house/shelf the buns can climb on. And if they do get up there thats a long way to fall if they slip!

I'd be tempted to divide the shed with aviary panels so the bunnies can have 3 x 6 or even 4 x 6 and you have a good storage area for their stuff safely away from nosey rabbits. The handy thing about aviary panels is the ones with doors could be turned upside down to prevent the rabbits doing a runner when you go in as the door is not full heights to help prevent birds flying out. That would also mean you can safely leave the door open in summer to get ventilation and stay nice and dry yourself in winter when cleaning out etc...

I'll soon be sorting something out for Frank and his future new missus and this is one of the ideas I was thinking of.

Back