• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thinking about a wifebun

Bluesmum

Wise Old Thumper
I'm seriously thinking about looking for a wifeybun for Blue, but I have a couple of problems.....
My OH is the main one, but I think Ill sit him down when he gets back for deployment (December) and state my case....any tips/ideas?
The other is purely me being selfish. Will Blue love me less? :oops:
I know that Buns should really be in pairs, but hes a house bun so gets lots of company when I'm home. We lay on the sofa together for hours. I don't really want our relationship to change, but I worry that hes lonely when I'm not here.:?
Any advise?

Ive no advice, but just wanted to say that im in the same situation, i have kermit, who is a lone house bun and cuddles into me all the time.....i know he would like company through the day, but im scared incase he ignores me if i got him a wife!!

Plus id need to get him neutered first, and im a wreck about putting him through that as he has been seriously ill already!

i defintaly find they are happier with another one of thier kind and yes they will likely get less relient on you and less "loving " but you should still be able to snuggle up and stuff... i know some buns who havent changed and just accept you are a a3rd bun in thier life!!! i would maybe take to a rescue and let him choos ehis wife bun then you have two to snuggle with xx

My NZ white is happy sprawled on sofa next to me. He has a wifey now, who keeps him company when I'm not there. He hasn't changed at all though. When I bring them into the main part of the house, Suki bumbles around under everything & Alistair sits on my knee:D I have so many buns that one-to-one time is rare, but it's never changed how he is:D

I can't see how having two rabbits would be any different from having two dogs or two cats, give a rabbit's social nature and responsiveness. I have two dogs an they are both very loving towards me.

If he's very loving towards you now, I'm sure a nice, friendly and outgoing lady rabbit from rescue would just double your bunny owning enjoyment rather than take Blue's affection away from you.

I feel terribly guilty about Frank being on his own outside and not being able to snuggle. He's off to be neutered next week, but it's always a worry putting any animal under anaesthetic and you can't help be a little apprehensive - you wouldn't be a good owner if you weren't.

after a think, ive decided that im going to get kermit neutered in a few months, give him some more time to get 100% over the EC.
Then im going to get him a wife.....hehe

Bluesmum, i think it would be a good idea for Blue too.....i suppose we will never know unless we try!

i was going to keep alvin single as i thought we were giving him all that he needed ste was not working when we got him so he was having attention pretty much 24/7 i suppose luckily for him he was never very freindly and i didnt get that bond that your worried about losing. then ste got a job and i was so wracked with guilt about his possible loneliness (thanx to a few threads on RU) i had to get him a wife there really was no choice for me. he is so happy now, i am guilt free and i got another gorgeous bunny to share my life with... all i see is positive from having a pair rather than a lone bun.

people said all the time, once youve seen bunnies snuggling you will never go back to single buns again and i didnt beleive it but after seeing it for myself its the most precious sight ever, two loved up bunnies :love::love::love::love::love:

What about the persuading of the OH? Maybe the wifebun could be his.....just so he doesn't get lonely! I keep looking in the rabbits in need section.....Maybe if I just install said wifey before he comes home OH won't notice. Or she could be heartlessly 'abandoned' on the doorstep ;)
*conjours up evil plan*

hmmm ste was easy, he knew that left alone alvin would be lonely so no persuading was needed....

you could use the two bunnies dont cost much more than having one :D

or print off some stuff off the net about how rabbits thrive better with company...

and my fav, youll have more time to spend with him if your not constantly worrying about giving the lonely bun the attention he needs ;):lol::lol:

Back