• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ur Bun pic on fundraise Calendar -where ru?

sdf76

Mama Doe
I had a very professionally-made full colour calendar with beautiful bunny pics last year from someone on here fundraising for a rabbit rescue. It was brilliant! about£8 _£9 ish- I want another one for Christmas please but can't remember who was doing them.

You had an option of having your own bunnies pic on there too.

Whoever it is-are you still doing them? If so I would like to order please-Sue:wave:

It was Hannah..Willowwarren and she kindly did them in aid of Honeybunnies and the Rabbit Residence
I'd love her to do them again as I too would like one..but I know it took her a long timne to arrange and she may have enough on her plate this year

I have just put something like this to Elaine,

Would there be much interest for bunny/guineapig calanders?

Thanks

Louise

Sorry I hadn't seen this until today and someone PM'd me! Not been on the forum too much lately.

I honestly hadn't given too much thought to calendars this year as I've been quite busy with various things.

I see that lottielouise is doing one in aid of thameside rabbit and guinea pig resuce so I don't want to tread on anyone's toes at this stage.

Kind regards

Hannah

So in the end, who's doing the calendar this yr.?

what's the calendar like? Is the paper thick? Does it has those 30 squares at the bottom w/ the photo on the top? And how big is it? Where's the link on this?

Last edited:
Hi,

Elaine found that she didn't have time to help organise the comp needed to get photographs for this.

However I was going to do one for family and friends, with out pets, so making a few extra would be no problem. There would be dogs, cats and of course rabbits. Of course if people have their own pics I would be happy to use them.

My plan was a 20 cm square calander, with square boxes for the days, laminated, then tied together with ribbon

I would of course like a contribution to p+p and a donation to Elaine.

I'm picky. I like bunny only calendar. Does any1 knows how many calendar were available for sales last year, obviously meant for charity fund raising?

well if people send me bunny pics I am happy to do that too. I wouldn't want to just take them from this site or google, cos its just not nice!

Could do a RU bunnies one, names of bunnies and owners included.

louisegarbutt@hotmail.com if you want to send me the pics.

Of course all profits will go to Elaine and her buns and guinea pigs

Last edited:
Louise, have you done this before? Because from some of my old calendars that I have (Not purchase from RU Members) I got a paper problem:

1) The paper is too thin, since I hang this on the wall, as it get to Dec., my pen write on the squares of the dates, and the marking of the pen marked thru the Dec. page, and leave marking on the wall

And while I am here, what kind of paper are you using and how is the photo being printed? Laser, Inkjet, or print shop glossy print?

================

How many other members are interested in caledndar? May be we should do a poll

I was planning on laminating each sheet, Going to use photo paper for the photo side and normal paper for the calander bit, then laminate them together. then you can use a permentant marker on the laminate. prints will be done at work on a laser, it think, but will check

let me know if you are interested

No, I'm not big on lamination because the color can fade out thru time. And I have a lot of permanent events that I needed to write on the calendar paper (seems to be regular thick paper or slight glossy paper like the photos)

Events like what date my bun has a sneezing, what was the last time they have a dental, etc., so I always use regular pen to mark down on the paper so that I can reference to it even years from now

I'm picky, sorry about that. I'll just buy a regular calendar locally if noone else is making fund raising calendars

I was just about tp post about the calander for this year.

Last years one was fab, I would love to have something the same (well different piccies) for next year, so would my mum :D

If Hannah could definately do them again I know I would buy 2 and other peolpe certainly would too.

Stitch has offered himself as one of the rescue buns to feature if we decide to keep with the same theme as last year! :love:

bunny003.jpg

Hi Everyone,

I've given this a lot of thought - if I can get 12 good quality high resolution photos of rescue bunnies (or inlcuding at least one rescue bunny if it's a group shot) I will do the calendar again this year. It will be much the same calendar as last year - A4 hanging calendar, wire bound with thumb hole, half photo / half date chart with boxes. Will have a clear plastic cover and a stiff card back & presented in a celephane pocket. I'll need the photos in the next couple of weeks to get it sorted in a reasonable amount of time. This isn't a definate yet - but a possibility.

On the down side, I'm not sure I have the time to offer bespoke photos or the CD calendar that I did last year - but will update later. Also the charity to benefit is yet to be determined.

Many thanks

Hannah

Hi Everyone,

I've given this a lot of thought - if I can get 12 good quality high resolution photos of rescue bunnies (or inlcuding at least one rescue bunny if it's a group shot) I will do the calendar again this year. It will be much the same calendar as last year - A4 hanging calendar, wire bound with thumb hole, half photo / half date chart with boxes. Will have a clear plastic cover and a stiff card back & presented in a celephane pocket. I'll need the photos in the next couple of weeks to get it sorted in a reasonable amount of time. This isn't a definate yet - but a possibility.

On the down side, I'm not sure I have the time to offer bespoke photos or the CD calendar that I did last year - but will update later. Also the charity to benefit is yet to be determined.

Many thanks

Hannah

I hope you do decide to do it as it I love my calendar! I bought one for everyone I knew :)

Hi Everyone,

Many thanks

Hannah

That's great news :D

Stitch, the bunny I posted above only has one eye, I adopted him last week from bunlover and I'm his 4th home but he's such a sweetie. I'm hopefully getting some more piccies of him done soon but if not done in time the one above is available to use if you feel the quality is ok. Put me down for 2 ;)

Back