• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rexes on grass?

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
Would free ranging on grass during daylight hours be good for a rex in terms of preventing sore hocks, or not? This is for a rex that hasn't had hock problems so far...

Nights would be in a shed with deep hay...

As long as the rex gets enough exercise and won't be sitting still on a hard surface it could prevent sore hooks so yes. Grass would be nice:D
(Though I was warned of keeping my already injured rex on the grass because of the humidity:roll: I just kept him indoors to keep his feet dry while he healed)

my rex love the grass a very good lawn mower either that or hes eating as much as he can before his missus eats it all :lol: as long as hes clean and dry his hocks have healed up nicely

yeah

Yeah as long as the grass is dry be good. Winston has very bad feet hes on medicine for the pain for life. All because he was locked in a tiny hutch and not cleaned out for months until he was rescued. Hes really suffering now although he is still hoppy well was untill vet mentioned losing some weight to see if it will help his feet. Not fat just may help she thinks and hopes otherwise once it spreads to bone nothing else can be done for him.

What's your bunny limit, Tinsel? Your lovely little clan seems to be growing nicely, it's so lovely to see a big happy group :D

yay adopt her! I keeplooking at her and thinking "if only" she is an absolute beauty! I'm shocked that she hasn't found a forever home yet :shock:

What's your bunny limit, Tinsel? Your lovely little clan seems to be growing nicely, it's so lovely to see a big happy group :D

My bunny limit changes...er..weekly... as long as they all get on and I can check them I'm happy but I guess we'll have to hit a ceiling soon...it's just so tempting to adopt more, knowing how happy the current ones are... :?

The little girl in question may be spoken for - all depends on whether she bonds or not... if not then she may be coming my way :)

Back