• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help Needed Please - Shed Related.

*Spider*

Wise Old Thumper
Ghostie and Toffee have a 12.5ft x 6.5ft kennel shed thing.
About 2/3rds of it is exposed (meshed up) and i'm worried about them being cold.
A section is covered and i was wondering whether to lock them in there... but i don't know :S
Also they love their space and Ghostie has made a burrow out of the hay bale (Eaten a tunnel in the back) And i notice she sleeps in there at night and Toffee behind the door.

Should i be concered? Are they warm enough? They have plenty of hay, tunnels, logs,toys and even a carboard castle to keep them warm.

This is in inside bit (orignal pic was of the castle :lol: )

HolyDay074.jpg

One corner (original pic of Ghost)

GT008.jpg

This is it (it has no hay in it.. this was when it was first put up)

TAHutch006.jpg

And this is another picture of the inside

TAHutch004.jpg

Thanks in advance

I think they will be fine:D They look nice and cosy, and got all that hay to keep them warm:)

You could maybe get some Tarpoulin and cover it, just to keep draughts out.

Jack x

i would agree, just get some large tarpaulin n some clips and clip it to the top at night when its cold :D

They will be fine.Mine have been in a kennel/run for the last two years.Their bed part is full of hay but most of the time they sit out in the cold,wind and rain:roll:

I think they will be fine.......They can go inside if they like and even snuggle upto each other. I have started to leave mine out free range since i got my new set up and there pretty sensible and lie down inside when its too cold. I have also had them covered in shower curtains today to help stop wind and rain blowing in......

You have a brill set up for them......

Thanks, i need to take a new picture, we've had the garden sorted out, that's why the picture looks a mess!
It'll take alot of tarpaulin to cover it up!! :lol:
They do have an inner bit, but i'd hate locking them up as they spend most of their time on top of the haybale looking out and snuggling.
Also, just went out to check and Ghostie was asleep on the second floor of the castle :love:
I woke her.. bad mummy!

Hi Spider,

I've got a similar set up and I bought a really cheap venetian blind off ebay and put it over the meshed side of the shed (mine is only meshed on one side). I close the blind when it's hissing down with rain and open it if the weather's fair. It also keeps the wind out and makes it all more 'enclosed'. To be honest though, mine all like to sit outside all night. I think as long as they've got somewhere to go that's warm and dry, they'll be fine throughout the winter.
14082008099-1.jpg

Back