• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is it with phone chargers aaaarghhh!

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Just found Lola on my bed, she had gone in my bag and was happily chomping on my new phone charger - the one I had to replace last week due to her - scoffing the other!!

So far she has munched through four phone chargers, the lead on my daughters lap top, has discovered little wires behind the radiator that I didnt know where there.

Luckily they were not plugged in but she has built in radar for anything that looks like, smells like cable!

They are just the right thickness, aren't they? :roll: Dusty chomped through my latest one about 5 minutes after I'd got it! :lol:

If the wires were attached to the radiator they could be earthing cables and are quite important if they device they come from goes wrong as it helps to stop you getting electricuted.

Have you tried cable tidy tubing?

I got some bags from Ikea, and now all my wires are covered in thick silver tubing, which is tooo wide for Ivy to chew, and if he does try to nibble it does no damage to the wires inside!

Here's the link

Ive gone through 2 mobile leads, a laptop lead, star chewed the house alarm lead! the keyboard and mouse leads of the family computer, my brothers mobile lead!

Have you tried cable tidy tubing?

I got some bags from Ikea, and now all my wires are covered in thick silver tubing, which is tooo wide for Ivy to chew, and if he does try to nibble it does no damage to the wires inside!

Here's the link

She snook into my bedroom - I forgot to close the door - everywhere else is bunny proofed:shock:

We get people come into where I work (tropical fish shop) and they buy Filter hose tubing to protect their wires as they have giant bunnies :lol:

Naughty!!

I got a new phone the other week, Carlton snipped clean through the charger within 30 minutes of it charging for the first time!!

I was so mad....but I did leave it draped across where he likes to nap sometimes so it's my own fault!

Our tally so far is 2 phone chargers, laptop power lead, phone line, magazine rack, CD rack, flip flops, handbag, slippers, magazines, rug, 4 floor mats, decorative twine balls, decorative sticks - oh and most importantly dining room wallpaper and lots of plaster off the walls! Think that's about it - but who's counting!!! :lol:

I put a few pics of him on a while ago - including the demolishion of the dining room....

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=144487

We have now got to add two zips on the cusion covers. Just bunny proofed the bedroom! I did stuff the cushions down the side of the radiators to stop her chewing the carpet so she scoffed the cusion covers!!!

Thor has a taste for phone chargers too! I usually put them in inaccessible areas but sometimes I forget, and they get nibbled cleanly into pieces!

Been through a charger, laptop lead and several play station controllers. And some curtains and countless shoelaces. Had to make a couple of hasty trips to game when hes gone through a controller before my OH came home...he'd go mental! Had to get a new phone after he went through the charger...I couldn't get hold of a new one. Got a nokia now so it will be easy to replace next time.

Its the telephone cable that kermit likes.....
I think that Lola and kermit seem to be quite similar natured!

mobile phone chargers seem to be the wire of choice over here...but honey is in the rabbit hutch (metaphoricaly speaking) after eating my OH's xbox controller

buns are naughty like that ;) you really musnt leave anything where she can reach it, if you dont want her to chew it.

If something is there, buns will find it, as i discover every time sorrel locates an orange/biscuit/bag of lentils that i didnt realise was there. :roll::lol:

Between them my rabbit and cockatiel have done about £400 worth of damage.
The bird broke - my new £250 mobile phone, DS charger, gaming computer mouse, loads of jewellary.
Rabbit has broke headphones off my mobile phone (that would have been like £25 to replace:|) and the downstairs telephone when my mam didn't think quick enough to move the wire.

I've learnt my lesson now, I don't let them near anything at all :lol:

:lol: Its a nightmare isn't it!? I've gone through:-

2 laptop cables
5 phone chargers
3 TV arials
4 lamps
2 CD players

:shock: Its not good to add these things up!!

I switch everything off at the mains just in case and usually have all wires in trunking - but it took a while to learn :lol: I got an electric shock from my last laptop cable loss - plugged it it and whooshhh !!! :shock:

Back