• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

VHD Vaccination - Should i just go for Cylap?

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
Kermit needs his VHD Vaccination, as he has head tilt i thought that lapinject would be best due to the 'Cylap Limp'.
Ive called my vets and they said that they can get Lapinject in, but will be £100 as i have to buy 5 injections! :shock:
Should i just go for Cylap? How long would the limp last if k got it?

alvin had the limp first time but didnt this time.

pearl had the lapinjet one first so this time when given cyclap she got some nasty scabs on her back, to try to avoid the scabs in the furture my vet said to massage the area a couple of times during the day of vaccination, we are waiting to see if she reacts next year or if its a first time only kind of reaction.

Hi Poppy had the Lapinject and was fine, Billy my bridge bun had the Cylap injection without any side effects.Wishing Kermit well.:thumb:

Was the limp bad, can they still get about??

Think ill just go for the Cylap.....was going to get him it on friday, but im going out friday night, so think ill wait until a time im going to be in all day & night to keep an eye on him

£100!! :shock: All ours were vaccinated with Lapinject. We had 13 done and it cost £70!
The vials do come in doses of 5 thats true, but even if you had to pay for the whole vial £100 is so much!!
We paid for 3 full vials for ours (so 2 went to waste) but as I say that was £70!
I must be very lucky with my vets i think!

sorry just checked their vaccinations cards they have lapinject now they only had cylap one on their first ever vhd jabs

have called about the vets in my area, all use cylap....have just booked him in got it on friday first thing in the morning, then im not going out until 8pm, so should be able to keep an eye on him.

Hopefully he will be ok.....just feel that its not worth the risk if i dont get it done and he catches VHD!!

Was the limp bad, can they still get about??

Think ill just go for the Cylap.....was going to get him it on friday, but im going out friday night, so think ill wait until a time im going to be in all day & night to keep an eye on him

from what i can rememeber it looked like an achey leg, held off the ground if stood still and no weight put on it if it could be helped, but if he had to run he used it just fine... i would compare it to when i had the TB jab and my arm felt dead for a few days after.

Back