• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myxi vacc tomorro, what to expect?

I'm taking Pipin yo get her Myxi jab tomorro, and I'm just wondering what to expect at the vets..

Well the vet will give the bunny a health check before hand. They will then draw the vaccine into the syringe and inject it into her. Check with your vet before hand that they are going to administer 10% into the skin / ear of the rabbit as this helps boost the effectiveness of the vaccine. Some vets don't do this even though they should. If they don't know what you are talking about ask them to read the manufacturers instructions.

Once you get her home she will probably be back to her usual self within minutes. Sometimes they can be a little quieter than usual for a few days as their body copes with the vaccine but if there is anything serious like loss of apetite then you should contact your vet.

Yep, my vet draws the needle out for the last 10% into the skin.
None of mine have ever been bothered by it. It doesn't seem to hurt them - they just get cross about the journey!!

I'm taking Pipin yo get her Myxi jab tomorro, and I'm just wondering what to expect at the vets..

My two did not have any problems after the myxi they did have a slight reaction to the next jab vhd. The problem I had was getting them into the carriers.

Well the vet will give the bunny a health check before hand. They will then draw the vaccine into the syringe and inject it into her. Check with your vet before hand that they are going to administer 10% into the skin / ear of the rabbit as this helps boost the effectiveness of the vaccine. Some vets don't do this even though they should. If they don't know what you are talking about ask them to read the manufacturers instructions.

Once you get her home she will probably be back to her usual self within minutes. Sometimes they can be a little quieter than usual for a few days as their body copes with the vaccine but if there is anything serious like loss of apetite then you should contact your vet.

Hi, I have heard this a lot but my vet is a 'rabbit vet' and she never did this, to my current 2 house bunnies or my previous house bunny!

I've had a little cards addressed to the bunnies saying it's time for their booster.
I had made myself a note anyway, but it's nice to get a reminder.

Hope all goes well for your bunnies today.

I took Pipin this morning for har jab, and she was very well behaved! :D The vet did 90% under the skin and then the last 10% in the skin. So all's good there! Pippin seems fine so far, and I've given her a cheerio or two to make up for the nasty trip to the vets. I also came away with a tube of Panacur, so I'm going to start worming her either tomorro or thursday. :)

I also found out that she only weighs 1.1 KG! :love:

Back