• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question about Barley rings!

coco1200

Warren Veteran
does anyone use this as a dry pellet food for thier rabbits?
I got some from the stables I usually get the rabbit's stuff from, and let them try a couple, and they went ape-crazy over them :lol:

Is it ok to feed them it as an extra with their pellets every day? The woman at the stables was saying that some person comes and collects barley rings for her rabbits all the time, as thats what she feeds them instead of pellets!

I think they are quite fattening, I have never given them to my buns but would have thought they are best as an occasional treat rather than to be fed all the time :) And I wouldnt feed them instead of pellets :)

Im sure someone who knows more about them will be able to help more than me :oops: x

Edit I definetely wouldnt feed them instead of pellets

Protein 11%; Oil 6.5%; Fibre 4.5%; Ash 6.0%;
Vitamin A 15,000 iu/kg; Vitamin D3 2,500 iu/kg;
Vitamin E 75 mg/kg;
Copper 45 mg/kg; Selenium 0.4 mg/kg; Calcium 1%;
Phosphorus 0.4%
Sodium 0.3%; Biotin 270 mcg/kg

http://www.amazinganimal.co.uk/barley-rings-15kg-p-3105.html?manufacturers_id=37

oh reeeet, thanks for that! :D I think i'll leave it for an occasional treat ;) they've only had it twice, since I got the stuff last week though!
I have a kilo of it. I have no idea how im going to get through it all :lol: :oops:

I heard they were very fattening and should only be an occasional treat or to fatten up an underweight bun.

These were a god send when I had to put weight on my 16hh horse. He started gaining almost straight away. They are recomened for use with horses that need extra weight so id be careful giving them to rabbits. Like most things im guessing its a little and not often treat:D.

Back