• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In need of Food advice for Giant babies

Michelle666

Mama Doe
Ok so i send my bf off with both Giants to the vets, as one has to have its ears cleaned out tomorrow...and he ends up getting suckered into buying the most expensive bag of Rabbits pellets ive ever know!!

He was told that as my Giants are babies they should have this special food (dont know the name) as they are fast growing rabbits.

I just want to know (mainly from the bigger bunny mummys) whats the best food to give baby Giants? They are on a mix at the mo, but i was planning on gradually changing them to Excel or SS.

Aww :love: :love: How old are they?? Ive not heard of giants been fed anything special :? My Ronnie is 21 weeks old and is on Excel :) He eats around 2 full bowls a day but i was told to feed him unlimited while hes young :) He was taken to the vets last week and she asked what he was being fed on and said Excel is fine. Whats the food? :? :) xXx

Any piccies :D

Michelle are you the person who was wondering whether to get the females or males ? I remember their picture if that is them :love:

I fed my giants Excel Junior until about 9months then put them on to adult. They were fed to appetite until about 12 months old I think. It was a few years ago now :oops::lol:

Hi all,

Mine Contis are sisters Thelma & Louise, they are 17 weeks old. Im not sure of the name of the food, i think its Prestige.

Where do you guys get your Excel, and how much is it?

Michelle are you the person who was wondering whether to get the females or males ? I remember their picture if that is them :love: QUOTE]

I think that was me :oops: :oops: I posted pics the day before i fetched them :) wanted 1 male/1 female but breeder wouldnt let me!! She only sold in same sex pairs :evil: Reggie had to be rehomed :cry:

Anyway... i get my Excel from a local pet shop, i pay £11.89 for 10kg :) P@H sell it too but its about £15 for the same amount. xXx

I have 20 giants and none have ever had special food. Mine have a mix and veg, and a rich T biscuit :D and they are all in great health:D

Blue's frenchiexdwarf lop so I don't know if you would consider him 'giant' but once I got him I moved him onto a standard pellet with loads of hay available at all times. Never had any problems so far and hes a year old now *fingers crossed*
Have you spoken to a rabbit savvy vet? My vet told me that blue was too fat looking at his weight (5.2) but when she felt him over she said that he was fine....I wonder where hes hiding it???

No the women my bf spoke to was a veternerary nurse who is breeder of British Giants, she owns 12 of them.

My two girls are growing well by the sounds of it, with Thelma weighing in at 3.7KG and Louise at 3.5KG and they are only 17 weeks old.

Im just hoping all goes well today at the vets, am waiting for a call to say the procedure has been done and i can go and get them! ahhhh!

Any bun's diet should be a min. of 80% timothy hay. the remaining 20% is pellets and fresh veggies, fruits, and some treats. So the pellet is not your main concern. Just make sure they get the hay

Back