• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've Bonded my first pair!

huppie

Mama Doe
Hoorah!

I have had a nightmarish time finding a rabbit, the first shelter gave away the only suitable rabbit just as we had agreed to take him on and they had no more male rabbits. The second cancelled our appointment the night before because the only employee went to hospital (very sad) and vlunteers were running the place. Finally, we found a home-based rabbit shelter with some male buns; we were nervous about going but we spoke to the lady and she seemed just like the 'home-rescue' people on here so I trusted her instantly! Saturday we went along, terrified about how it would turn out - how can taking a rabbit on a date be so nervewracking?

Anyway, the place was awesome and the 'owner' very helpful. We explained about Huppie's blind right eye, her age (4-5 years) and her poor past treatment with no rabbit contact. She advised two rabbits, we tried the one most unpopular first - an albino with no front teeth. It was love at first sight, after 20 minutes he was licking her ears. :love:

We have had them home since Saturday and all is going far better than expected, they are even litter trained already! I couldn't be happier and Huppie is still getting Rambaldi to lick her ears - the little minx :lol:

Couldn't resist posting a piccie:
2akn2qe.jpg

Oh what is stitch like? It is sad them some buns are harder to bond/rehome than others but I feel I have done my bit with my two :lol:

They are soooo cute, I wouldn't have them any other way:love:

Oh what is stitch like? It is sad them some buns are harder to bond/rehome than others but I feel I have done my bit with my two :lol:

They are soooo cute, I wouldn't have them any other way:love:

he is in rabbits in need. he only has one eye and limited sight in his other bless him but is sooo loverly. i rescued him from pah adoption centre where he had been back 2 times bless himhe is only 2-3 years old bless him! i like that other semi sighted buns find love and he will too when the right person and home comes along! but he is such a sweetie im being extra fussy and have turned down a few homes as he really needs something sepcial cuz of his disibillity x

Well done. That was a very good match up. I need nerves of steel for the first few encounters, but I really love it! I always cry when it works out! (Does anyone else?? Maybe I am a bit nuts!!)

Really pleased this worked out so well; also that you took the least popular bun as your first option...you may well have freed up a rescue space that had been "blocked" for a while by doing that. :D Here's hoping they have many happy years together - sounds like they're off to a great start!! :wave:

They look lovely together

I'm sure the problems you had with the other rescues were meant to be so you would end up finding the right bun
Hope everything carries on going well for them :love:

Thanks all for your lovely words, they are doing better and better by the day. At first they spent quite of bit of their time apart but now they seem to be becoming inseparable and while Rambaldi is calming down Huppie is becoming more active - it is very exciting to watch.

Rabbits are awesome, I am hooked for life now! Poor hubby, he already feels neglected :lol:

Back