• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Belgian hares

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
I went to a garden centre to get some hay earlier, and they had a belgian hare for sale :shock: he was £80 I have never seen one for sale in a pet shop before, is this common? He was lovely :love::love:

there was a thing in the paper a while ago about them becoming the new "trendy" pet :roll::roll: never seen them myself though.

Thats sad :( It did say thay he needed a 'large' hutch, I dont know what they class as large though.. I thought they needed to be free range?

I went to a garden centre to get some hay earlier, and they had a belgian hare for sale :shock: he was £80 I have never seen one for sale in a pet shop before, is this common? He was lovely :love::love:

Sadly yes, a garden centre near Jane has them in regularly and they end up in rescues just the same:cry: :cry: :cry:

Back