• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do I pick one (or two)

Towsbuns

Mama Doe
I have just had a fab 8ft x 5ft run built and attached to my 8ft x 5ft bunny shed - this has doubled the size of their home. So my two buns now have all this space and I feel I should offer a home to at least one more bun, or even a pair - but how do I choose?
I see a rabbit on this forum and think, I would love a dutch one day, or 'blue' rabbits are lovely, then I think that a long termer in a not popular colour would be better. Plus, I love a bit of feistiness in a bun.
Maybe I should post a 'wanted' ad :)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:Are you close to Kirby in Nottingham? I went dowen the other week and omg sooooo many lovely bunnies, I came home with a dutch :oops::lol:

My rescue found me more than anything. I volunteer at the RSPCA and one day she was just there, she was feisty and a lover and crawled into my lap and stayed there for ages.

Maybe you should just visit rescues and see if anyone jumps out at you. You'll know the right one/s when you find them. Would it be to bond with your current pair?

I would tend to go for the one who has been waiting for a home for the longest and is suitable for your environment :)

With previous rescues it was usually a case of I need a bun to pair up with a current one who had lost a partner and was pining, so search was fairly easy, specific sex, neutered and ready to go - and fairly close. Plus there were the instant attractions.
The only one I have had the urge to go and fetch recently is a chocolate dutch in Manchester.
I may need to travel to Manchester shortly, if she is still there then - she may be coming home with me :)

Well I have been looking and have currently narrowed it down to 4 - all female. I thought I would try and find something a bit feisty and/or black or agouti - i.e. the colours that seem to be left in rescue....
So, I found Dilly at Hula in Milton Keynes
Dilly.jpg

She is described as :
Dilly is a feisty rabbit who does not like being handled and may nip or scratch when being picked up. Because of this it would be best if she went to a home with adults only or to a family with children over the age of eight who have had previous experience of owning or handling feisty rabbits.
Fits the black and the feisty - not spayed though...
I have also spotted Annie who is near me and sounds lovely - fits the agouti but not the feisty.
Annie.jpg

Very friendly and handleable. A bit of a show off and attention seeker. Wants a boy friend to settle down with. She is one year old. - not sure whether she is spayed or not....
But - completely ignoring the feisty and the black or agouti - I have always liked grey or blue buns.... I quite like the look of Misty who is on Rabbits in Need being fostered by Cheryl in Norwich
Misty.jpg

and finally (for now), there is
Ella - again near me and another grey bun
Ella.jpg

Ella is a beautiful female, looking for a castrated male companion. Ella will be vaccinated before going to her new home. Can you offer this sweet girl a forever home?
How do I decide which one.....

Jo-Jo is to be homed on her own, but I am hoping to introduce the bun to my current pair. Sylvia is quite lovely though.

Julie how about either Lottie and Albie..a very long term pair who did need dentals when they arrived but not for a while now
lotsal.jpg

or how about the lovely and friendly..and amazingly still here...Noah and Dinky
Dinky.jpg

Noah.jpg

Both of these two pairs are in desperate need of a forever home:cry:

Last edited:
And to add ..another pair who no one wants are Dolly and her hubby Sox...
Dolly doesn't like being picked up..is quite an independent lady..Sox likes a fuss on his terms.....
dollysox.jpg

Julie how about either Lottie and Albie..a very long term pair who did need dentals when they arrived but not for a while now
lotsal.jpg

or how about the lovely and friendly..and amazingly still here...Noah and Dinky
Dinky.jpg

Noah.jpg

Both of these two pairs are in desperate need of a forever home:cry:

aww i want to be allowed mroe permenant bunnys i particularly love noah and dinky.. :( hope they all find good homes soon xxx

Jill - you are not helping me make a decision :lol:
All three pairs are gorgeous. Makes you wonder why no one wants them.
Do you think a second pair would be the best way to go?
I am not sure Lottie would fit through the cat flap :oops:
ShedCatflap.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure Dinky would copy with my set up.
The hutch has a ramp and there are thing to jump on and in - plus there is the catflap to get in and out of the run.... what do you think - would she cope?
ShedInside2.jpg

ShedRun.jpg

I will ponder Dolly & Sox and Lottie & Albie overnight.

Back