• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good news and very bad news. :-(

Lea - Molly's mum

Warren Scout
Shall we do good news first?

Molly and Alfie are home and the bonding has gone superbly - they are very much in love! :love::love::love:

DSCI0192_edited-1.jpg

DSCI0217.jpg

And Alfie has settled in a treat - still a bit unsure about coming up to me and Dan but he is exploring and chilling and doing great

DSCI0210_edited-1.jpg

DSCI0197-copy.jpg

DSCI0200.jpg

DSCI0204_edited-1.jpg

Bad news is that when we took Molly to the vets with suspected EC (due to incontinence) he found a large hard lump in her tummy. She is three years old and has been spayed for over two years so tumours weren't the first thought but when we explained that she was still eating and pooping like a champion and when the vet couldn't manipulate the lump it looked unlikely to be impacted guts.

He gave us some liquid paraffin to try and loosen the lump as we were all hoping that it was impacted guts but when we took her to the vets this morning it was still as solid. :cry:

Molly and Alfie are on lapizole - just in case, Molly is now on oral Baytril - just in case it's a cyst (unlikely though due to how hard lump is, but might help if she has a bladder infection), she is also on fuciderm for her sore hocks and they both had to have a treatment with spot-on because Alfie has mites!! :shock::shock::(

Molly doesn't seem to be in pain, she is acting normally eating/drinking/pooping etc.. so far now it's fingers crossed that the vet is wrong and it is an abscess that can be sorted with the antibiotics, but we don't want to get our hopes up too much. He wants to re-asses the situation in one month.

Three days ago we thought we had a perfectly healthy rabbit with slightly sore hocks, now we are keeping our fingers crossed and making Molly's life as comfortable and hapy as possible and spending lots of time with her. :cry::cry::cry:

Lea (and OH Dan). xxx

P.S> Please let us know if anyone has had similar experiences and send lots of vibes for Molly.

Last edited:
Molly and Alfie look so loved up.

You know I can relate to the Molly situation, so if you do ever want a chat, I'm about, ok? :)

Molly and Alfie look so loved up.

You know I can relate to the Molly situation, so if you do ever want a chat, I'm about, ok? :)

Thanks, have PM's you. :)

I just can't believe the timing either - we've just adopted Alfie :roll:.

Mind you I don't regret that for a minute - he's a beautiful little bun in every sense of the word and Molly is completely in love.

So sorry to hear about Molly - I do hope she remains happy and comfortable for a long time yet.x

Thanks Chloe, I'm sure Alfie is making all the difference

Lea. x

P.S.> we already have a Tiggy, a Tilly and a Tom in our house hence the name change, but Dan and i keep slipping up and calling him "Tomm-eerr-Alfie" :lol:

He really is a little star, already had several binkys! There is a little gap by the side of the cage that he likes to investigate, he stuck his head in there yesterday and was in such an excited and mischievous mood that his tail was wiggling! :love: I can see him growing into a right little mischief! :lol:
Also pleased to report that he isn't deaf (well not entirely anyway)- you should have seen his face when we turned on the henry-hoover!

Last edited:
He really is a little star, already had several binkys! There is a little gap by the side of the cage that he likes to investigate, he stuck his head in there yesterday and was in such an excited and mischievous mood that his tail was wiggling! :love: I can see him growing into a right little mischief! :lol:
Also pleased to report that he isn't deaf (well not entirely anyway)- you should have seen his face when we turned on the henry-hoover!

:lol: Bless him - maybe he has that man gene "selective hearing"?!!! :lol:

:wave: I had the pleasure of meeting these gorgeous bunsters on Saturday :D Alfie is complete sweetheart and Molly most definitely enjoyed getting a nose rub! Here's hoping that she continues to be happy with her little man for many weeks to come xx

I'm so sorry to hear about Molly. :( She looks so loved up with Alfie already and hopefully they will have lots of time to spend together.

Thanks for all your kind words everybody.

Some people, like my friends from work, just don't understand what we are going through, they are nice enough but you can hear the unspoken "but it's just a rabbit?"

One thing that has been nice to learn is how many of our close friends and family have come to love Molly, hence the list as long as my arm of people I have to keep posted every time I go to the vets.

In particular one of my grandma's who IS NOT an animal person, she always said "I would never hurt an animal but I certainly wouldn't want one in the house". When I told her about Moll, she sounded so sad and said "you know I don't like animals love, but she is such a sweet little thing isn't she?" and at that moment I remembered seeing Grandma sat on our sofa drinking a cup of coffee and leaning down to give Molly a stroke - that certainly slipped under my radar at that time! She has of course insisted on regular Molly updates. Can't believe it, she has even made grandma fall for her.

She is such a clever little bun. :bunny: :love:

Sending lots of healthy healing vibes.

I wrote the following on another thread of HoneyBunny's bun situation, which is almost the same:

I use blackberries to remove (or dormant) the bone cancer cells on Goofball, but that's after the knee joint (Ground zero) was cut off. If the tumor can't be removed, blackberries would be limited success.

However, I very highly recommend you to buy this substance called Heal-X Booster. It is used as an anti-toxic to kill cancer cells.

http://www.exoticdvm.com/index.cfm?...ction&productGroup_id=108&parentGroup_id=116&

it's cheap, and 1 bottle can heal many rabbits from cancer

this link shows your UK distributor:

http://www.exoticdvm.com/distributors

essentially it's anti toxic substance that stop cancer cell from forming

I was so sorry to read about Molly - sending lots of healthy vibes her way. She looks so happy snuggling with Alfie (who is gorgeous :love:) He's definitely made her a happy bunny!

I was so sorry to read about Molly - sending lots of healthy vibes her way. She looks so happy snuggling with Alfie (who is gorgeous :love:) He's definitely made her a happy bunny!

Thank you Amy.

I love the pic in the middle of your siggy of your two buns snuggling - they are beautiful. :love:

I'm so sorry what a gorgeous bun.I'm praying this isn't cancer and sending mega healing vibes

How are you both doing today?

Sorry I missed this Tracy. :oops:

Both doing well at the moment. Molly now has her lapizole on pieces of ryvita (which she gobbles down) and has cranberry juice mixed with her baytril - so medicine time is much less stressful for her. :)

Alfie is settling in really well, started to come up for cuddles when you stroke Molly and likes to explore the kitchen (keeps the cage in sight though!).

Last night he got a little bit horny with Moll - she was not amused! :shock: but they made up pretty quick and were snuggled up soon enough. :lol:

Back