• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dylan is down now - he's eat something UD gone for dental today

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Thankfully Ste is at home today, he has called to say he's the same as the others. I have rang up St Georges (they've been dealing with all the others, so he may as well go there, at least they know what they're doing) and taking over his critical care while I'm stuck at work.

Might it be worth having a swab or something taken, blood tests have been coming back clear so I know they're not showing anything up?

Last edited:
It's getting very frustrating and worrying, the others that had come down with it made a full recovery, but it's weird how they keep coming down. He's getting a taxi up there, so hopefully they can sort Dylan out soon.

On the up side the others have come through ok so hopefully after some treatment he will be ok too :?

OK Ste rang he's eating a barley ring :oops::oops::oops: :censored:the bed, I am living on my nerves at the minute. I have told him to get lots of differnt things and tempt him to eat and see what happens, the taxi was on the way to get Ste too and St Georges are now waiting. Maybe we're being over the top senstive, but I am scared of losing one to whatever is going on.

Do I need to take poo from the next one that goies down with it or just any one, Jane? I would love to know what is going on :(

Oh no, im so sorry Tree :( Really hope the vets can find whats going on.
glad to hear he is eating though!

Thanks Leanne, I don't know whether Dylan is part of this or we're being over the top now and it's all in our heads, oh cricky.

I've missed something obviously Tree. Have a lot of your buns gone down with something then?

p.s. I don't think it hurts to take a poo sample... I do that regularly and I don't know if it's the Vets being polite but they always have a good look at it :oops:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well I think I would need the poo tested on, but I need it to be the next ill bunny. Yeah somethingis going through my bunnies, I have had Beatrix, Thistle and Maisie go down sick all with the same thing. The vet on saturday said she thinks it might be a bacterial thing and it's taking a few buns a few days to become immune. Not lost any but I am not leaving it to chance.

Dylan has eat and had a poo apprently, I told Ste to ring up the vets and tell them and ask whther they still want him up.

Oh mate hoping you can find out what is going on :cry: Sending loads of vibes to Dylan and all the other bunnies. Hugs to you xxx

Thanks hun, how weird is it though, there has to be something going on, it's tooooooo much of a coincidence :?

You must be on pins waiting to see who is going to be next. :shock::( Really glad to hear Dylan has eaten.

It is totally doing my head in, I keep hoping after each one that this is going to be the last one. :(

At least you know thats not catching, so its sort of a relief in that sense.

I hope his dental goes well tomorrow, I will be thinking of you both :)

Thank you Liz, it may not of been his teeth that stopped him from eating yesterday, as he was eating fine last night, but I am guessing the sensible thing is to get them done so if he does go off his food we know we can rule that out.

I am nervous, I dropped him off this morning with his packed lunch.

Back