• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So angry

hayleyhelen

Alpha Buck
This weekend my friend called to ask me to BUY 2 rabbits from her work colleague. The work colleague brought her children 2 rabbits for £25 each (P@H?) and thought it would be a really clever idea to breed them and sell off the babies to her friends in order to make back her money! Apparently when she asked around her friends were keen to get baby rabbits for thier children but now the babies are 6 weeks old and winter is coming no one is interested.

So bloody angry that grown women can carry on like this, the woman in question is a secondary school teacher :shock:

I know that it has been said before but animals should not be allowed to be sold in pet shops to these stupid people. So many people i talk to arent even aware of small animal rescue centres and consider them only to be for cats and dogs.

This weekend my friend called to ask me to BUY 2 rabbits from her work colleague. The work colleague brought her children 2 rabbits for £25 each (P@H?) and thought it would be a really clever idea to breed them and sell off the babies to her friends in order to make back her money! Apparently when she asked around her friends were keen to get baby rabbits for thier children but now the babies are 6 weeks old and winter is coming no one is interested.

So bloody angry that grown women can carry on like this, the woman in question is a secondary school teacher :shock:

I know that it has been said before but animals should not be allowed to be sold in pet shops to these stupid people. So many people i talk to arent even aware of small animal rescue centres and consider them only to be for cats and dogs.

Maybe you could point her in the direction of the forum, or rabbit rehome....suggesting it is a good place to advertise her bunnies, but she can't be paid for them.Some people are just ignorant to the plight of unwanted animals. Perhaps if she were a little more educated on the matter she might think twice before breeding again.

People never fail to amaze me... my sister decided this week to go and buy a kennel bred puppy who has lived in a kennel from birth...who insists the mother is a 'family pet' yet is bred from three times them gotten rid of..... my sister is aware of the work I do for rescues, preaches to other people about rescues and then does this.... with some people you just can't win.

Back