• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Booked in for Neutering...

jasonbunny

Warren Scout
thats both jason and jessica booked in to be neutered next tuesday. I am going to see the vet before hand to have a chat about the op and the aftercare. The lady on the phone said they do them routinely, and that the main worry is the anesthetic, with small animals it needs to be quite exact. I feel really nervous, but will feel alot better speaking to the vet beforehand i think.

Is £122 a normal price for 2 rabbit neutering? not that the cost matters!

thats both jason and jessica booked in to be neutered next tuesday. I am going to see the vet before hand to have a chat about the op and the aftercare. The lady on the phone said they do them routinely, and that the main worry is the anesthetic, with small animals it needs to be quite exact. I feel really nervous, but will feel alot better speaking to the vet beforehand i think.

Is £122 a normal price for 2 rabbit neutering? not that the cost matters!

It seems about right. Girls are usually around £60 - £70 and boys are usually a bit less. I'd happily pay that if they seem like a vet that knows what they are doing with rabbits :)

wow thats really dear, i'm getting petal done for £55. sorry just re read that, thats for two rabbits, thats not too bad then oops:oops:

Last edited:
i dont mind the price, i was expecting around £100 ish and was hoping it would reflect normal pricing as another sign they know what they are doing! if it was really cheap or really dear i would be quite worried, if that makes sense!

They do seem to know what they are talking about, i am just terrible, i would be absolutely gutted if they didnt come through the spaying :( must think positive!

When my boys were neutered and girls were spayed I was really nervous and I found it helped to do the most preparation for them that I could.

So we did a lot of testing of treat foods, so that I knew which ones to tempt them with afterwards, same with hays, same with water as well (I gave them a bowl of regular water, and also a bowl of water laced with something and tested what 'something' worked for mine), and I also syringe trained them so that if they needed meds, I could easily do it and not stress them out too much.

Spaying is far more stressful on the girls than neutering is on the boys, so she will take longer to bounce back.

No matter what your vets say, demand pain meds for them both (some vets are reluctant to give it).

Fingers crossed it should all be fine :)

Back