• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you take your bun to vets in?

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi - silly questio but is it OK to take Lola to the vets in the cat box? I will cover the door so she does not get freked out or should I take her hutch?

What do you take your bun to the vets in?

Thank you!

I use a cat carrier that loads in from the top. Usually drape my coat over the front to keep it dark :)

I bought a cat carrier for Frank which seemed to do the job well with a towel in the bottom. Mind you, I thought I'd put a brick in by accident - he's not at all fat, but he's much heavier than I thought he'd be!

I have a variety of cat carriers that I use. I make sure the open bit is facing me and generally they come over and get some comfort from me.

I was really lucky as I phoned the vets when I was going to pick Max up and asked if they sold the cardboard pet carrier things and the lovely nurse told me that they had a cat carrier that an owner had left for over a month and would I like it.

The cat was riddled with cancer and had to be put to sleep so there was nothing that bun could have caught - so I got it for free!

And it was worth their while as when it came to choosing which vet to use, there was no contest obviously!!:D

I think the vet gets a bit hacked off with it though as it is front opening and if Max won't come then I open it up as so not to stress him out...and then of course I have to put him in and then the lid back on which takes about 30 seconds but the vet did comment on top opening carriers the last time....she can moan all she wants - there's a credit crunch on and I got a freebie!!!!

Our older bunny we take in to the vets on her lead, she loves being able to see what is going on around her,and she adores the attention she gets from my partner... she's never had a problem

For our baby, we were thinking of getting him a small animal carrier when we take him next month to get his jabs...

what do you take your bun tyo the vets in?

I use a cat carrier:)I bought mine from the vets:)It,s a front opening one which can be a problem when your bunny is a bit reluctant to come out for the nice vet man to examine them:oops:
I put a fleecy blanket in the bottom and cover it with another so that it minimises stress for the bun (there are often dogs in the surgery which i am sure would terrify them:cry:)

I have a pink carrier for my girlies which has a swinging wire door. my vets always ask me to lift my buns out. Think their worried they'd get bitten.

I also use a cat carrier - I use a top opening one as I find it easier to get the buns in and out.

My cats have an airline dog carrier, it's on wheels so it's dead easy to move around, and they can share it and sit upright instead of being all squished down. I think Geoffrey is a bit claustrophobic, he totally freaks if I try and put him in a normal cat carrier.

I also use a cat carrier - I use a top opening one as I find it easier to get the buns in and out.

My cats have an airline dog carrier, it's on wheels so it's dead easy to move around, and they can share it and sit upright instead of being all squished down. I think Geoffrey is a bit claustrophobic, he totally freaks if I try and put him in a normal cat carrier.

Awww poor Geoffrey :love:

I use a cat carrier..I am looking at getting a top opening one as Poppy always sticks her legs out to make it harder to get her out :roll:

Oh that would be lovely if you can spare one?

By the way the buns love the wooden house you gave them, Gus has definitely made it his home :D

We have a buggy for them :roll:

Some of them love to sit and look out and other prefer to be covered up completely

I've got 3 different size cat carriers (need to buy another one to take all 4 pairs for their jabs next week) that I use if I can blag a lift, and a pram for if I have to walk :)

I have 2 cat carriers one for one bun and one for 2 buns (they like to snuggle). If Kira goes to the vets on her own the cage gets covered as she gets nervous, Arnie however likes to know what is going on. If they are together they just spend the whole journey grooming each other :lol:

I'm quite lucky as I sometimes use the carry case to take them into the garden so they usually run straight into it thinking it's the garden when infact it is the vets muhahahaha :lol:

They both hate going to the vets with the exception of Arnie's last trip, he had stasis and after 3 trips for his injections he must of realised it made him feel better because for the last jab I've never seen him be so grateful and friendly to both the vet and myself, once I got him home he started munching for England lol!

to save you pennies in the future i would by a large cat carrier as you wish to plan on eventually get a husbun for him once bonded they go everywhere together even to the vets, for once pets at home do some nice pet carriers for a fair price,
the lady who i did bonding for her had to get a larger carrier as there was no way her new extra bun would fit:lol: they were two large lops

Back