• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What should I do?

cookie and the girls

Warren Scout
As a few of you will know I have a little 3 legged rabbit called Cookie. My problem is she lives inside at the moment on her own. I think she would love a little friend. Problem is vet wants her to be kept in for the winter and won't spay her until next year because she has gone through so much recovering from her last op. I have absolutely fallen in love with a little rabbit called scruffy from Brinsley Animal Rescue problem is he is too young to neuter. I also love Gastov but my husband is not sure about him because
he looks like the rabbit that attacked Cookie in the first place. What should I do?

Yeh could you keep them separate until he is neutered and she has been spayed (if you wait until just after he is neutered still keep him separate for 6-8 weeks after because he could still make her pregnant in that time)? You could even do pre bonding work before hand without them actually meeting (so things like swapping contents of cages, swapping areas where they are, basically just getting used to each others smells).

Just found out he has been neutered

I've sent an e-mail to them and yes have got room to keep them seperate.
I love him and sure Cookie will too so hope they will let him come and live with us.

Back