• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes. SHE'S HOME!

capel

Warren Veteran
I've an appointment with the vet at 10am to review Milly's abcess. Why, oh, why should I be feeling so nervous about going up armed with all the info about honey treatments etc which I printed off from here last night? Calming vibes please. Heck, how I wish Kevin was still there!:(

Last edited:
All fingers and paws crossed here for Milly... I take it from this that you've lost your rabbit savvy Vet?

All fingers and paws crossed here for Milly... I take it from this that you've lost your rabbit savvy Vet?
:(Unfortunately for me, but happily for him, he's moved up to Edinburgh to a fab job..big career move. However, there are 3 other good rabbity ones in the practice, it's jsut that I found him very easy to talk to. The others are lovely as well though:)
Anyway, here's the update:
Milly's being kept in as they want to do an investigation under GA. I tentatively mentioned honey and Emily immediately said that she'd heard very good reports of it and that she'd used it to good effect on a bunny with a jaw abcess. I whipped up to the health shop, bought 15% strength stuff and they will pack the wound with it. Emily also realised that only the other abcess had a culture done, so it's poss that this one is not caused by the same bacteria(Staph Au) but another bacteria which may be resistant to baytril, so another culture will be done. I've a feeling I'm going to have to grovel to my bank manager!

Just spoken to the vet about Milly. They say she is just coming round from the anaesthetic, but there's a possiblity they may need to keep her in overnight. To be honest my stomach just hit the floor and I was too scared to ask why..how's that for being a hopeless bunnymum???:lol: They've asked me to ring back around 4 . Vibes please:(:(

Just spoken to the vet about Milly. They say she is just coming round from the anaesthetic, but there's a possiblity they may need to keep her in overnight. To be honest my stomach just hit the floor and I was too scared to ask why..how's that for being a hopeless bunnymum???:lol: They've asked me to ring back around 4 . Vibes please:(:(

Awww I expect that she may be a bit slow coming round from the GA as she is a rather.........errrrrrrrmmmm........'voluptuous lady' !!

Still sending vibes :)

Sending vibes for Milly, If she is only now coming round now it is usually routine to keep them in overnight. They will just want to keep an eye on her temperature and eating/pooing etc. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about :D

She was Ok after her op last week though......I'm trying very hard to keep my optimistic gene at the top of the heap!!

Sending loads of vibes for Milly and calming vibes for you Hilda, I am sure she will be fine, stay strong x

I've just spoken to the vet. Milly had no problem with the GA, but Emily wants her to stay in so that the dressings can be checked and changed by her early tomorrow morning and it will save her another trip in the car. So I'm off up to have a quick cuddle with Milly and to take up some raspberry leaves and her special dustfree hay.

Back