• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh Benji!! - vibes please - I have Jabs - 3 down 1 to go!!!

Chipmunk_K

Mama Doe
So benji hurt his nose on saturday, and we hiked off to the emergency vet, who wasn't so concerned (it wasn't bleed hugely) and well we ended up being more concerned about his seeming travel sickness. However today he is soo swollen on the right hand side of his mouth, and I'm really worried, as it's hurting him when he tries to eat!! And he has gone totally out of character hiding instead of coming out to greet you!! :cry: So we are rushing into the vets this morning... it's just typical, that it has to happen to the poor bunny who isn't insured as one of mine!!:roll: It's a good job I've been saving the last couple of weeks!! It's such a relief to know I have some money for any immediate action!

Sooooo we could really really really do with some *it's not really serious vibes* after everything he's been through, the last thing he needs is a horrid infection to battle off... I really need vibes for this not to be serious! And for him to be okay with the journey to the vets - it's not been a problem before... but you never know!

Last edited:
Oh no, poor Benji :( How did he hurt his nose?? :? Is he your bunny now then Kirsty? :) Sending lots of vibes for him xXx

Poor lad :cry:
Sounds like an abscess to me :?
Sending lots of vibes

Yep it's an abscess... so we are going in every blinkin morning for an injection, and fortunately it's not expensive YAY!!! It's £3.65 a day, which is a lot less then I thought, I was worring it would be like £15 a day!!! I can't give him oral baytril as it's on his mouth :cry: poor baby!! (plus I hate giving oral antibiotics, and I was like im prepared to do it this way & Pay)

Now I seriously need vibes for it to clear up, or for the vet to figure out the best way to treat it.... it's in such an awkward place!!

ooooooo get better Benji!!!!

Oh no, poor Benji :( How did he hurt his nose?? :? Is he your bunny now then Kirsty? :) Sending lots of vibes for him xXx

I don't know if he's mine yet or not... Lottielouise is going to adopt him, and it is all sorted for this sunday coming, but after his travel sickness on saturday we are not sure he would make the journey... if he can't make it, he will stay with me (too cute to hand over to Lucy I'd only end up taking him back, and I like to look after and pay for my bunnies treatment - I feel like I really have helped Benji now instead of just passing him on!)

Even if I had decided to keep him from the start and subsequently added him to my 3's insurance, he wouldn't of been covered so I'm bothered, and I am happy to pay - I knew there would be costs for him. Plus I have been saving up for neutering costs, and back up costs for Ivy (too paraniod :roll:) so I fortunately have a vets fund for him! Yay!

Is it a dental abscess?

If so Baytril alone is unlikely to be curative.
Has Benji had some pain relief?

No I don't think so He escaped on saturday,:oops: and hurt his nose, cut it all quite badly (teeth had been checked and okayed on thursday) I thought he may have done it on the wire mesh, but the vet seems to think it is a bite... which leaves Missy, after escaping he decided to go visit them and Missy does not take kindly to visiting bunnies (it was a battle with her and Timmy) so she probably gave him a right old nip for getting too close. (she and Timmy scrap if they even see another bunny!) It's also on the flap of skin that is his nose/lip, so you can see the front teeth and they seem in really good condition, so at the moment all signs are leading to a none dental abscess.

He has had an anti-inflammatory, which he said would ease the pain as well as take down the swelling, and baytril. So I guess that's a yes for pain killer?!

P.S. - Thank you sooooo much for replying so fast Jane, and just being around... it's such a relief knowing you are watching over the conclusions & with all your experiance offer advice :love:

And the same to everyone, all your advice and help make me feel like everything's going to be okay, because with all your help and experiences it's like somehow we will get an answer, and everything will be okay :love::love:

Last edited:
Of all the days for my broadband to play up :censored: (I've only just got on- line)

I'm glad it went okay at the vets.

Sending mega vibes for the very lovely Benji. (I'll save the nose rub 'til his nose is better :()
Fingers crossed that it is fairly simple to sort out.

Of all the days for my broadband to play up :censored: (I've only just got on- line)

I'm glad it went okay at the vets.

Sending mega vibes for the very lovely Benji. (I'll save the nose rub 'til his nose is better :()
Fingers crossed that it is fairly simple to sort out.

We're certainly a pair the two of us with all our bunnies :lol: ... it's one thing after another :roll:

Last edited:
Poor Benji I hope he is feeling better soon. Sending him lots of :love:

How are you managing for getting to the vets each day? Would it be easier for the vet to show you how to inject Benji to save all the trips?:D

We're certainly a par the two of us with all our bunnies :lol: ... it's one thing after another :roll:

:oops::oops: Yeah, but I haven't yet told you that last Monday I rushed Rudy to the vets because he didn't eat his breakfast ... I had to leave at 8.45 to go to work so rang the vets in the morning and arranged to take him at 1.30 (even though he was lively)... when I got home he'd eaten (was saving his breakfast for later) poor bunny got dragged to the vets for nothing.:oops::oops: If he'd not had all that trouble with the dental previously I wouldn't have panicked :roll: I whispered this because it's embarrassing!

oooo no worries I almost rushed Ivy into the vets with Benji this morning as he had his head tucked behind the litterbox :oops:

Last edited:
Poor Benji I hope he is feeling better soon. Sending him lots of :love:

How are you managing for getting to the vets each day? Would it be easier for the vet to show you how to inject Benji to save all the trips?:D

My mum :oops: It's annoying not having a car anymore!!! I don't think my vets will do it... but I will chat to Micheal about it tomorrow! He's the nice vet!

Yep it's an abscess... so we are going in every blinkin morning for an injection, and fortunately it's not expensive YAY!!! It's £3.65 a day, which is a lot less then I thought, I was worring it would be like £15 a day!!! I can't give him oral baytril as it's on his mouth :cry: poor baby!! (plus I hate giving oral antibiotics, and I was like im prepared to do it this way & Pay)

Now I seriously need vibes for it to clear up, or for the vet to figure out the best way to treat it.... it's in such an awkward place!!

ooooooo get better Benji!!!!

What a shame for him, can you manage him OK? I mean with getting him to the vet every day and nursing etc, if not I would be willing to have him here and nurse him and get him his veterinary treatment, I'm not that far away from you and the offer is there, it's no trouble

Hope he picks up soon, sending vibes to Benji

Back