• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats the British Rabbit Council... U/D My Mistake

Its where all the reputable breeders have to register with. They make sure all practices are ok and also over see the shows.

Have you had a look around their site?

http://www.thebrc.org/

That have a lot of useful info on there too in terms of breeds and colours.

Yes, you need to be a member before you can show your rabbits in the "main classes" ie, not just the pet classes. You must bear in mind that ANYONE can join and say they are a BRC member, doesn't mean whether or not you are responsible or not.

No it dosn't mean you are a good owner at all.....as i said in one of my other posts i used to help a man who was a breeder and being very young didn't realise how cruel it was!:cry: The breeding cages were far to small and they had no hay straw or anything except me holding them when i could. I feel so guilty.
We were members of the BRC and i think it cost a pound at the time and they used to send rings to put on their legs, but never came to check on the state the rabbits were being kept in!!!!!:evil:

Ah, I guess I'm just lucky to know reputable breeders and for them to know other reputable breeders, that why I presumed they were all reputable. My mistake.

Back