PDA

View Full Version : Whats the British Rabbit Council... U/D My Mistake

Sparkle x
28-09-2008, 08:21 PM
:oops::oops:I Know now, my mistake lol!

Sky-O
28-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Its where all the reputable breeders have to register with. They make sure all practices are ok and also over see the shows.

Have you had a look around their site?

http://www.thebrc.org/

That have a lot of useful info on there too in terms of breeds and colours.

cashmincal
28-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Yes, you need to be a member before you can show your rabbits in the "main classes" ie, not just the pet classes. You must bear in mind that ANYONE can join and say they are a BRC member, doesn't mean whether or not you are responsible or not.

Sparkle x
28-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh

So i know it as BRC lol i sooo dumb!!! :oops::oops::oops:

angieb
28-09-2008, 08:51 PM
No it dosn't mean you are a good owner at all.....as i said in one of my other posts i used to help a man who was a breeder and being very young didn't realise how cruel it was!:cry: The breeding cages were far to small and they had no hay straw or anything except me holding them when i could. I feel so guilty.
We were members of the BRC and i think it cost a pound at the time and they used to send rings to put on their legs, but never came to check on the state the rabbits were being kept in!!!!!:evil:

Sparkle x
28-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Oh dear...

Sky-O
28-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Ah, I guess I'm just lucky to know reputable breeders and for them to know other reputable breeders, that why I presumed they were all reputable. My mistake.