• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bright orange wee!

lcgoodac

Young Bun
Just went out to check on muffin and the corner she wees in in her hutch is orange. I only cleaned her out today so the sawdust is fresh but not it dyed orange!

Does anyone have a clue why she is weeing orange?! It not blood as i first thought it was as i have checked her and pulled some of the sawdust out!

wierd!

Lucy

Rabbtis wee varies in many colours from clear to red. Some foods can change the colour of urine and also, the longer it sits, the darker it goes.

Chances are this was normal, but just keep an eye for signs of discomfort and going to the loo frequently, as well as blood clots in the urine or a thick, chalky substance.

Gregpry's has gone orange this week too and I haven't given him anything new! Thank goodness he's no longer weeing all over my cream carpets!

she has been out free in the garden today and eats all sorts of plants. I also have just started putting vitamin drops in her water which i thought it could be. We don't feed her on anything else apart from pellets as she is fussy and once she has something different she doesn't eat her normal food!

I will keep an eye on her anyway

Lucy

she does have hay and lots of it, i just meant like treats and that. Im not that mean to not give her hay!

Sorry didnt say ya were mean i must a red ya post wrong when ya said all we give him/her is pellets and nothing else :(

Back