• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bella's vaccinations...

...are due now. I got a letter letting me know that her booster vaccination is due. Please don't think I'm stupid and thick (I probably am but anyways) you know how Bella needs her Myxomatosis every 6 months and her VHD vaccination every year... but what about the booster one and is the booster one for the myxomatosis or the VHD one or is it a completely different one? and does she need the booster one every 6 months or every year or what??

Thanks for your help.
Diana xx

That will be the booster! :D

Bella will need a myxi vaccination twice a year (everu 6 months), these are boosters and every one after the first is called a booster.

The VHD vaccination is once a year and again will be called a booster every time after the very first vaccination.

Hope that made sense

When they say booster they are refering to either the VHD or Myxi jab, or both if she is due the two of them now x

That will be the booster! :D

Bella will need a myxi vaccination twice a year (everu 6 months), these are boosters and every one after the first is called a booster.

The VHD vaccination is once a year and again will be called a booster every time after the very first vaccination.

Hope that made sense

So because Bella has had her very first Myxomatosis and her VHD vaccinations. They both will be called booster vaccinations now? and that's what the vet people mean when they say she will be in need of her Myxomatosis booster vaccination soon, too?

Yes, if it was only 6 months ago since she last had vaccinations then her Myxi booster is due now. If it is a year since her last vaccinations then she is due both vhd and Myxi. I hope that helps :D

Some people can explain things so much better than others :oops:

And I am going to be a teacher... Oh dear.... :shock:

I don't think they have been done since last October which means they are both due now:)

I'm sure baby-bella will know which ones need doing, if not the vet will tell her when she makes the appointment :)

Last edited:
So she was, it seemed like yesterday we were talking about Bella's Vacs lol.

All mine are due soon! Well next Month!!!!

xx

That would make the myxi due in November than, but the VHD is still due in October :D Reminders are usually sent out a few weeks in advance of the due date

I'm sure the vet will have it on record which when bella needs them doing :)

It's her VHD one that needs updating now, the VHD one is every October for Bella and the Myxomatosis is in November but not sure when so will ask them when I make an appointment.

If you make an appointment for the VHD booster for the middle of October then Bella can have the myxi 2 weeks after at the beginning of November. That way you wont have to worry for another 6 months :D

Back