• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lola has started stomping her back feet!

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks.

Lola has started making a banging noise with her back feet - I thought this was a sign of aggression but she does it when she is running about having a "silly half hour" or when whe wants to come up on my bed.

Can I ask why she has suddenyl started doing it? If she does it in my bedroom - you can hear her downstairs. She is no way aggressive - any ideas >?

Thank you!

Well Poppy does it when she is scared, or angry...or, and i think this could be what Lola is doing, when she wants even more attention :roll: :lol:

If I stroke Gus or Sweetpea before her, she thumps :roll:

It can be done for a variety of reasons. I have a couple that do it in excitement, or for attention, or to let me know they want something (almost like I'm a waitress or something), as well as the traditional fear and anger.

Maybe shes just having an excellent time.

rosie does it when she's scared or wants food. She'll often do it if she's seen a cat.

Mine too, Both bridge bun Billy and Poppy stamp their feet usually when they see cats or at bedtime, when they want to come out of their cage:roll::lol::lol::lol:

Its usually for fear or alarm - as far as i know, in the wild, a rabbit that sees a predator or other threat will thump its back legs, the other buns pick up on the vibrations in the ground and know to run for cover :) she may have seen something alarming or she may have learnt its a good way to get some attention ;)

My Pipin keeps on doing it just before she binkies! She also does it when I've done something she doesn't like, and when she wants my attention. :roll:

Back