• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving their litter tray

DDD

Mama Doe
If I move the bunnies litter tray to the upper level of their hutch, will they follow it, or just wee where it was?? Anyone ever changed the position of theirs successfully?

I have moved mine and they have been fine with it.When it is moved just pop them in it so they know where it is:D
Where their old one was maybe you could put a new toy:D

I have moved mine and they have been fine with it.When it is moved just pop them in it so they know where it is:D
Where their old one was maybe you could put a new toy:D

I was thinking that, but worried they will wee all over it!!! Fingers crossed or I will have to clean their immaculate hutch again tomorrow morning!!

Well, it didn't work!! They wee'd where it was, and by the look of it, they haven't used the litter tray with hay in. hopefully they will get fed up with weeing/poo'ing without hay to munch!!

Is it possible to temporarily block off the area they used to go in? Otherwise they will keep going back there. Also transfer some of their business into the new tray so it smells like their litter area.

Back