• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

we have a new bun...a lot earlier than planned.

jasonbunny

Warren Scout
I just posted a few days ago about considering getting jason a friend, after he seemed quite lonely in the house, but a few months down the line, once he had been neutered etc and i had had my baby (due in a few weeks).

We are good friends with a local rescue near us where we fostered jason originally from, and she phoned last night to ask us if we would be able to foster a bun for her that had just been left at the rescue door, no explanation, nothing at all, just the bun in a piggie size cage. :evil:

We spoke about it (hubs and i) and agreed we would take her on, just been to collect her now....and i am certain we will adopt her like jason as long as they get on! She looks very young, probably 4 or 5 months, and has some scabs, like she might have been attacked by another bun, but other than that she seems in very good health. She is a lop ear of some type and is just beautiful. I cant imagine why anyone would dump her :(

So...because jason is not neutered, we are now having to really shift things. She is going to the vet next weekend to be checked over and neutered (paid for by rescue). We are hoping jason might be able to be neutered during the course of next week but waiting for the vet to confirm. Until then we are going to alternate letting jason and herself out of their cages (indoor rabbits) in the day so there is no opportunity for mating to be going on.

Not quite the way we wanted to do things, and maybe not the most responsible either, but the rescue is just full to the brim with small animals, there was no space for anymore. I hope it will all work out now, but we wont actually adopt her until we know how her and jason will get on.

Jason is out at present and they have met through the bars of the cage. There has been a few thumps from him, but on the whole he is just very curious. She has really livened up now she knows there is another rabbit about too. Thrilled with her, but very apprehensive about wether we have done the right thing!

I will post some pictures when i can get my camera working!

:D:D:DWell done for taking on a needy bun. I hope everything goes well and can't wait for the piccies.:D

well done for taking her in just dont be tempted to let them out together. when you do have both neutered wait around 4 weeks for both sides hormones to settle and neuter wounds to fully heal when you bond them do it in a neutral area...this is very important x

thank you, once they are both healed i have decided to put a blanket down in our corner bath and try bonding them in there, a safe place to see how it goes :)

Back