• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby Mice

CottonMather

Warren Veteran
These guys are 3 1/2 days old - there are 9 of them and a mixture of colours by the looks of it :D

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-1.jpg

:love:

kidnapps the meece lol bless are they yours or a rescue ? faye

I got the female as a companion for my 2 girls - she is from a shop where they keep a mixed sex tank and back-to-back breed, so I knew she'd be pregnant... She'll have a nice retirement once these guys have been weaned though :D
Don't know how many I'll keep, as it depends on the sex ratio... males need to be kept individally in separate tanks, so I'll probably re-home some of the males :)

I got the female as a companion for my 2 girls - she is from a shop where they keep a mixed sex tank and back-to-back breed, so I knew she'd be pregnant... She'll have a nice retirement once these guys have been weaned though :D
Don't know how many I'll keep, as it depends on the sex ratio... males need to be kept individally in separate tanks, so I'll probably re-home some of the males :)

Never had any dealings with mice at all. Do the males fight if two are together ?

The babies are so sweet :) x

Never had any dealings with mice at all. Do the males fight if two are together ?

The babies are so sweet :) x

from what I've read, they're unpredictable and can fight at any point - fights are likely to happen at night (when they're more active) and if you're not there to separate, they will fight to the death :(
I might neuter a male and have him live with the girlies though :)

still need to research the whole male mouse situation though - I've never had boys before

The babies are lovely :love:

I had 2 pairs of males and they both had to be separated due to fighting, they were covered in bites and one of them had his tail injured quite badly :( . I would never keep males together again after seeing how aggressive they can be to each other.

One thing you will notice about males if you haven't had them before is that their urine smells very strong :mrgreen: so they will need cleaned out more often than the females.

Male mice shouldn't be kept on their own. They are just as likely to fight as male rats are. But they would be very unhappy on their own :( They should be fine with each other their whole life because they are brothers.

Please keep them together :) they would like that.

I wish I hadn't see this thread :( It makes my heart ache to see adorable mice when I haven't got any... my last one died 2-13-07 and my parents haven't allowed me to get anymore yet. I want serveral girls and at least 2 guys (I know they'll most likely have to be kept separatly)

Back