• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what is megazorb?

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
Is it a bedding or a sawdust like product? I may sound a bit daft:oops: but currently for Mrs Bun she has a hay bed and sawdust elsewhere.The ferrets have sawdust too in the bottom part of the cage and have a soft paper like bed (which i know isnt right for bunnies). I was thinking of maybe getting the megazorb for all of them.It may cut down on a few pennies in these hard times!! Ive been on the Hay Experts page but there are no pics of this stuff.
Thanks.xx

It's an alternative to sawdust, I think it's made of kiln dried wood/paper, it's very soft, a bit like large breadcrumbs. It's very absorbent, I think it's both better and cheaper than sawdust - although you will still need to put some snuggly straw/hay bedding on top.

As i currently buy sawdust, megazorb would be best for all of my lot, but still buy the hay and ferrets bedding.A bit of difference as the sawdust i buy is a 10kg bag for almost £6 and the megazorb is slightly bigger and about the same price.Worth more than a thought.Is it available in petstores or just the hay Experts?? much obliged.xx

You can buy it from farm shops Yvette we pay £6 for a 15kg sack it lasts ages depending on the size of the hutch you are filling.

It's mainly advertised as a litter for horses. I just picked some up from a horse supply shop, so that might help you find a supplier.

My local feed merchants order it in for me no problems, I just took in the details and they said ohh yes we will have it for you on Thurs. I use it for rabbits and Rats and both animals seem to like it, it is plenty absorbant too.

Hello all.Have got Megazorb now.Do I put it in a corner or the whole outside? :oops:Mrs Bun has a habit of scraping the stuff i used to use (sawdust) into bed.Will it be ok if she does that? Ive had a look at this stuff and it seems theres alot lesss than the sawdust i used to buy.Am only hoping its economical for use with 4 ferrets and Mrs Bun.

Hello all.Have got Megazorb now.Do I put it in a corner or the whole outside? :oops:Mrs Bun has a habit of scraping the stuff i used to use (sawdust) into bed.Will it be ok if she does that? Ive had a look at this stuff and it seems theres alot lesss than the sawdust i used to buy.Am only hoping its economical for use with 4 ferrets and Mrs Bun.

Hi Yvette.

With all of my buns we only use it in litter trays. It's very absorbent so you only need say one scoop per tray on top of newspaper and then some hay on top. I line my hutches with newspaper. I wouldn't personally use it throughout the whole hutch as this would encourage the rabbit (ferret?) to litter everywhere instead of just in the trays.

Helen :D

Back