• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone's bunny sleep in their bedroom??

uniqueanneek

Alpha Buck
I have had to move back with my parents for a few weeks before I move down south, and whilst here Rocky has to sleep in my bedroom with me as there is nowhere else for him (and they have a dog) :shock: Rocky has been a 24/7 free range bun his whole life so i didn't want to shut him up in his cage.

I've just spent the last couple of hours bunny proofing the bedroom with my mum :lol: Should be interesting to see how the first night goes. I will probably wake up to him walking over my head haha.

Anyone else have or let their buns in their bedroom at night? Any tips?

I don't have mine in my bedroom - they're in the spare room - but I quite often get woken up when they're playing or throwing things around in the night as they make quite a lot of noise in the early hours :shock: I hope Rocky isn't a hyper bunny at night and keeps you awake :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eeeeeeeeeep!! I can neveeeeer sleep when I have a bunny-in-the-bedroom situation, they are always surprisingly well behaved (Except Rhia, but thats Rhia!) You never notice how noisey hay-munching can be though, til 3 am :thumb: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My two house buns, live in the attic, there area directly above my bedroom.

Often get woken up by them charging around and throwing things lol

I just think ahhh there having fun! Or sometimes get up and give them some hay, often sorts it out!

x

Eeeeeeeeeep!! I can neveeeeer sleep when I have a bunny-in-the-bedroom situation, they are always surprisingly well behaved (Except Rhia, but thats Rhia!) You never notice how noisey hay-munching can be though, til 3 am :thumb: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's blimming noisy isn't it when they eat hay :lol: :lol: :lol: When they're in the bedroom with me and I've got the telly on, I can still hear them munching away. I can imagine at that time in the morning it's deafening :shock: :lol:

Bella is a very active and noisy bunny at night - she has to rearrange their cage every night and she doesn't do it quietly :shock: :lol: :lol:

You never notice how noisey hay-munching can be though, til 3 am :thumb: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:shock::shock: uh-oh! Looks like I have a fun couple of weeks ahead :lol: Rocky was noisey in my flat but we had hard wood floors and his treat ball and his scrabbling feet made a right racket! I was hoping that the carpet in my bedroom here would soften the blow!

he's out at the moment and is not doing very much - we just travelled over here tonight so he's probably still in a bit of shock from his new surroundings. I'm sure he'll be a lot more hyper when he's settled in properly!

I'll have to post in the morning to let you all know how the first night went! ;)

if i say bed to biggles he runs upstairs to see if my bedroom door is open, if it just happens to be he will stay there till morning:roll:
i mean he know which bed is his downstairs cheeky tike

No experience of buns in the bedroom but at least they shouldn't do what the yorkshire terrier does - climb into bed and hog the continental quilt :shock:

My current buns hop around the whole house. But there is a time frame that these 2 loves to hide under my bed for hours. Because I worry that they are not eating enough hay, I have a bowl of hay and a bowl of water under my bed and it greatly increase their hay intake.

My bridge bun Goofball slept in my bedroom 2 winter ago when I tried to save heat and stayed w/ her in 1 room during the winter (my room is very warm)

And 3 yr. ago, she like to stay at the side of my bed while I was sleeping.

Before that, another 1 of my bridge bun Little Happy slept w/ me during a winter when I kept him in my bedroom during the winter, again same reason -- saves heat

In all of the above scenario, it's a cozy and warm experience, they gives me the sense of a family

Lola comes up into my room on a night - she sits on my bed for an hour getting groomed and having a bit of a fuss then its bed time and she goes in her cage - all I can hear is her munching on her hay and as soon as the lights go out she is asleep..

I hate leaving her downstairs on a night - she always makes me feel guilty!

I have some in my room. They are pretty noisey but you get used to it. They used to come on my bed but I got fed up of waking up all through the night when a rabbit jumped on my face from the floor, so now my bed is barricaded off and they can potter around the rest of my room.

I love waking up to see their little faces.

Ivy's cage is in my room!!! At first he used to make a right racket, trying to get out (it's a super huge thing so I'm not worried about shutting him in over night) but now he knows bed time is when I sleep, and he happily hops in of his own accord, and sleeps through till morning! (at least he's always in the same place as when I go to sleep.... goodness only knows what he does inbetween :shock:) I don't think I would ever put him anywhere else now, but I could never trust him out all night, he would be on my desk doing everything he shouldn't! :lol:

All mine have been free range in my bedroom for a few days at some point :)

Both the girls were a nightmare with jumping on me all night :shock: Trip was very good and he would sleep on the end of my bed, didnt wake me up that often but sometimes he did for some attention. Beau was perfect and slept in his own bed on the floor all night without making any noise :love:

I changed their toys over at night :lol: Took away their heavy toys otherwise they would just throw them about and make so much noise :) x

well last night was interesting! Little Rocky wanted attention all night! And when he wasn't digging in the duvet next to me, he was busy exploring and walked all over me and twice over my face!!! Blooming painful!! :shock::lol:

I sat for a while in bed with the light on before going to sleep and he just sat in his bed and stared up at me, and as soon as the light went out he was on the bed exploring, climbing all over me.

I'm hoping tonight that he'll be a bit more settled in and will have explored everything so will sleep more! and so will I!

He hasn't eaten much hay tho, didn't hear him munch any all night :?

I used to have Molly in my room at uni, and at my parents when I was home. I did have to shut him away though during the night, I used to try sometimes leaving him out but he's want to sleep by my head and I used to get paranoid about him weeing on my pillow and me rolling over into it. He was only a baby to -a year old then.

I used to have Molly in my room at uni, and at my parents when I was home. I did have to shut him away though during the night, I used to try sometimes leaving him out but he's want to sleep by my head and I used to get paranoid about him weeing on my pillow and me rolling over into it. He was only a baby to -a year old then.

I think I'd be more worried about rolling over and squishing them :shock: Tarquin is such a tiny bunny that I've sat on him once or twice without realising he's darted to where I was about to sit. Luckily no damage, but I wouldn't want to risk him on the pillow :shock: :lol:

Though the thought of rolling into wee is also not something I'd like to try :lol:

Only had Blue in my room once. My sis was having her 16th at my house and I didn't want him getting frightened by all the noise of drunken teenagers so I took his run into my room and installed him with all his stuff there once they started getting a bit rowdy. Must admit I don't know if he was noisy or not....I was far too drunk! Don't even remember going to bed! :oops:
My OH would go mad if I suggested him in the bedroom! And our stairs dont have any backs to them if that makes sense so theres a baby gate at the bottom because I'm frightened he'll fall though the gaps!

I had a similar situation a few years ago when I had to move back to my Mums for a few months and have my Bun Baby Bel in the bedroom. She was very active and the only way I could get sleep was to bring a wire run into the bedroom as well as her hutch so she could have more space.

Boris sleeps in here with me but he's always shut into his cage,never free range. I'm considering getting some kind of pen for him as well,he's really quiet during the night but goes hyper in the morning :shock:

Back