• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When is it time for Hutch Huggers?

I'm no expert and my pigs are now indoors but I would put it on now personally, when I'm out late and then early with the dogs, it is pretty cold now :)

I'm no expert and my pigs are now indoors but I would put it on now personally, when I'm out late and then early with the dogs, it is pretty cold now :)

Thanks for your reply.
I think its time.
They always have plenty plenty of hay and houses to hide in etc.

I havent had them outside in winter yet.
Last year they were in a shed.
Any ideas anyone? Are the heat pads good?

xx

I keep my hutch huggers on year round as I find protection is invaluable with the wet weather we've had. My hutch is in the coolest part of the garden and I haven't noticed my trio cooking.

Are they not able to go in a shed this winter too? Piggies aren't able to cope with the cold anywhere near as well as bunnies. I would use the huggers now too, and definitely get some snugglesafe heatpads so you have them ready for particularly cold nights.

My piggies are normally in the shed by now and have snugglesafes on colder nights. Unfortunately I lost my Esmes friend this month so Esme has now become a indoor winter piggie.

We dont have a shed....

All we have is a playhouse which has four buns in and no room for the piggies cages as they are too big.

Piggies now have there hutch huggers on, beds and plenty of hay to snuggle in.

I could possibly bring one or the pair inside if things get real bad this Winter.

Going to get some Snugglesafe heat pads too!

xx

Back