• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

, Maisie ill now UD she has started eating

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
The same symptoms as Thistle and Beatrix :?, I have just syringed her some food and water with biolapis in, I have given her some zantac and metacam, her temp is low, I am just giving her 30 minutes to improve before I go and spend another 300 quid at the emergency vets, what the hell is happening? They're all on a&p (sealed container), they all have fresh hay from the bail, it's a new one started (so Bea and Thistle had a different one), all other buns are on the same and are ok (for now). Thistle is no where near Beatrix and Maisie, Maisie is with Beatrix but Beatrix was ill the other week. Anyone?

Last edited:
They all have same veggies too, Maisie was chasing me for ss pellets earlier, she had some they're Holly and Dylans, they're fine too.

:shock: AWww Tree, its never ending for you, sending vibes for Nibbles, Thistle and Maizey, are you going to take her to St Georges, they should give you a discount to be honest.:cry:Deb.

Oh no Tree..........:shock: :cry:

The only thing I can think of is is the hay a newish cut ? In my experience some Buns cant cope with New hay, it just seems to make them bloaty.

I really hope Maisie responds to the meds she has now had.

Poor you as I know your are feeling really poorly too :cry:

Thistle is fine now thankfully, I will have to go to st georges don't look like I have a choice :(

Thank guys, yeah it must be the hay you know, it's got to be, they're all good hay eaters, it's too weird, why all are getting sick :(

This is really odd I agree it seems as though something is going around, but no idea how or why?

I don't think the hay smells, but to be honest I am so thick with cold I wouldn't be able to smell anything anyway, but they hay looks good. Her ears are hot, but took her temp up her bum and it's 36.3, but her ears are red hot, how does that work? Am phoning the vets now :(

Spoke to vets they said to give her another 15 minutes for the zantac to work, got her on a heat pad and under a quilt. Although, she really ran when I tried to catch her.

Just caught up with this due to not having the net at the moment! I hope they all pull through... it's odd because I had the same problems this week with both Phoebe and George :?

Sending lots of vibes xxx

its maybe nothing your doing wrong, or the feed. it maybe a bug, with so many rabbits anything will go through them. bournville had a 'cold' last year, by the next week all the rest had it and they were never near any other horses, but i was!

It might be a weird virus thing, just got Ste to sniff the hay and it's fine, I am so carefull not to cross anything, all new bunnies are kept away from them, it's so weird. Beatrix amd Maisie are house buns, Thistle isn't. I don't think Nibbles is part of this, she has her abcsess and she's eating etc, but Beatrix, Maisie and Thistle have had idenitcal symptoms.

OMG she has just sprung up and started eating whoop whooop, do you think she will be ok now, omfg I was totally stressing then :D

Last edited:
Back