• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

anyone seen this? a new home for rabbits

I wouldnt even keep chickens in them :oops: They are hideous and way to small :evil: Maybe ok for a run if thats all you have for a very small amount of time. I would imagine they are hot in the Summer and cold in the Winter :?

I've come across this at the RSPCA.

Apparently the head office really rate these.

When you see them in the flesh thy are horrid and impractical as well as pretty cruel to rabbits. Mice can get in, foxes can harm rabbits, its not anywhere near big enough, if it rains from the wrong angle it will make a swimming pool out of the bed area. I wouldn't put one of my single nethies in it, let alone three medium sized bunnies.

It is ridiculous and costs far too much.

I have also read about some peoples rabbits getting injured whilst in them, which is not good enough.

Nope nope and nope some more.

Also, when you take the lid off of the bed area, there is hardly any room in there, its mostly taken up with the ways to keep it cool/warm. It's a teeny tiny space inside.

I've come across this at the RSPCA.

Apparently the head office really rate these.

They're probably getting a back hander IMHO. That gimmicky thing is more horrible and unsuitable than the hutch Frank arrived in if you ask me. I wouldn't keep ANY animal in it, chicken, rabbit or guinea pig. It's for people with more money than sense and no grasp of an animal's needs.

I sent an e-mail to eglu telling them exactly what I thought of their 'luxury rabbit accommodation'. Needless to say, they didn't reply! Don't waste your money - they're awful.

I can't beleive the price! Can you imagine how large a shed and run you can buy £260? That's without the run - it's £360 with the run. You can buy an 8 x 6 overlap shed from shedstore for £189 including postage.

I don't particularly like them myself and would never buy one BUT has got to be preferable to keeping a rabbit in a 3ft hutch at the bottom of the garden.

I think they look awful :oops: I seriously think they are the worst looking type of rabbit housing available, and they arent even big enough for rabbits anyway :? x

Why do they put an "english lop" as an example, thats a weird bun to use? What country is it from?

ETA- in the breed section it says english lops aren't that common as pets :?

The little house bit just look like a bucket on its side to me, I don't like them, and they're not fox proof as demonstrated on here a while ago.

Last edited:
I don't particularly like them myself and would never buy one BUT has got to be preferable to keeping a rabbit in a 3ft hutch at the bottom of the garden.

But only if you fork out the extra 100 nicker for the run. Otherwise it's like keeping a rabbit in a glorified pet carrier.

I WAS on about the whole lot, course I wouldn't say keeping a rabbit in the pod bit alone was better than a 3ft hutch.

Back