• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just had to make the hardest decision =[

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
First of all, please don't hate me for this thread - I've tried and tried searching for other ways around what I've now to do, but I can't foresee a change in my situation and I am completely heartbroken :cry:

This morning I received an e-mail from my ex stating that she was no longer going to fund me, financially, for the rabbits - thus meaning that she was cancelling all 5 insurance policies, and not providing any vet expenses or food/hay and litter for them. We have been seperated since May time and I guess I should have seen it coming :cry:

At the beginning of this month I returned to uni to finish off my degree - meaning I can't work full time, and fund all my rabbits. Therefore I am having to re-home Buddy and Hollie :cry::cry::cry: I am completely heartbroken, but I have looked at every available opportunity and I just can't come up with a solution to keep all my 5 babies :cry:

I have spoken to Hilda who, as always, has been nothing short of supportive and spoke to Jill for me (at Honeybunnies) and it has been agreed that Jill will take Buddy and Hollie as Buddy was from there originally (aka Woody).

My mum has agreed to pay the insurance policies for Kitt, Jamie and Sapphire and my friend is going to be a second parent to them and fund the other costs until I graduate. Thankfully this is a friend who wont ditch me and leave me in the lurch, like my ex did.

I just hope people understand. I wanted to post something because soon Jill will have them in rabbits in need :cry:

I am so sorry for trying to give these rabbits a forever home, which is nothing short of what they deserve, and failing :cry: I will never forgive myself.

Thanks,

Lou xx

I think I should be informed as regards Hollies living arrangements as you signed her adoption form qwith me:evil:

I think I should be informed as regards Hollies living arrangements as you signed her adoption form qwith me:evil:

I have informed you Kay... I pm'd you.

So, do I have to split up a happy bonded pair?

If it's going to come to this I will not let them go and I will just have to take a loan out or something to tide me over.

You have done the best thing for the rabbits and well done for that, I am very sorry you have had to make such a difficult decison it must have been heart breaking for you, you have put the bunnies first and that's what matters, good luck and I am really sorry for you x

Hey, life changes and sometimes it kicks you in the teeth.
You've done the best thing you could for your rabbits by getting them rehomed through a good rescue, although it probably doesn't feel like that at the moment.
Don't be too hard on yourself - you've had a tough decision to make and you've put the rabbits well being ahead of your wish to keep hold of them.

I can never do anything right. Now I have upset someone I considered a friend because of this, as soon as this is all over I am never coming on this forum again.

I have been made to feel like absolute :censored: and all for this

You have done the best thing for the rabbits and well done for that, I am very sorry you have had to make such a difficult decison it must have been heart breaking for you, you have put the bunnies first and that's what matters, good luck and I am really sorry for you x

I agree. Hugs to you hun xxx

Sorry its had to come to this and good on you for been honest in your rehoming decision.

All the best xx

Kay can I make it clear I did say it had to be ok'd with you for me to take them..and Lou did pm you..perhaps she should have waited until you had responded... but when I spoke to her on the phone earlier she was very upset and probably not thinking straight.

If me taking them back is a problem please pm me to sort.

and Lou don't feel bad..you've done all you can and I'm sorry you have to make this very sad decision

Thats not the point here, the point is I think you should have waited until you had been in contact with me. I don't mind Hollie going to jills as it happens as I know she will find the best home ever for her it is just the fact that you obviously didn't think to get intouch by phone or wait for my reply before deciding about Hollie. I am sure Jill inderstands where I am coming from and knows it is nothing to do with her as I wouldn't think twice about her having any of my rabbits:D

I'm sorry you are having to rehome your bunnies...I think you are doing the right thing. I would think it is best to send the bunnies together as it will be stressful enough for them and you as it is without having to worry about upsetting people. x

I really feel for you, it must be so very hard to come to the decision that you have and I'm sure that you could do with everyone being supportive, all round. Be reassured by the fact that you have ensured that these 2 rabbits will have a safe future.
I hope you are ok xxx

This week I went back to uni, was told Kitt needs another dental.. and because his last one was before his new policy was began I have to pay another excess, the girl I am seeings dad passed away. I didn't think Kay - isn't it easy to make mistakes?

I'm sorry, I don't know what more I can do

Kay can I make it clear I did say it had to be ok'd with you for me to take them..and Lou did pm you..perhaps she should have waited until you had responded... but when I spoke to her on the phone earlier she was very upset and probably not thinking straight.

If me taking them back is a problem please pm me to sort.

and Lou don't feel bad..you've done all you can and I'm sorry you have to make this very sad decision

Sorry Jill, I did message Kay and then put it on the forum without thinking, but I didn't do it to cause any problems.

I'm going to consider another way because I refuse to seperate a happy bonded pair up. Thanks for everything however

Louise if we can do anything to help you know where we are.

You have had such a rought time of things lately and you have been so good to us and did so much for Elwood. We will never forget that.

Pm if we can do anything :D

I aint discussing it on the forum anymore as it is between you and me and you have my number. I don't think you are a horrible person for doing what you are doing as I know you wouldn't do it if you had to and I know how much you love them all just wish you would have spoke to me about :cry:

You are a friend and always will be and I have always been here for you and all your rabbits and still will be:D

Back