• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best brushes...

peediepixie

Mama Doe
As Elsa has become much tamer and actually allows me to stroke her now without running away like a bullet out of a gun, I would like to further this by grooming her. She is a lion head, not particularly long haired but she does have a mane and she sometimes gets tufts around her feet. What I'd like to know is which would be the best type of brush to start grooming her with? When Eddie was still with us they groomed each other to perfection, the vet even commented on it! SHe thought I muist be grooming them everyday when in fact they did it all themselves. Now Eddie has gone to the Bridge :(and we have Sammy who is just a little scamp:lol:, she needs a bit more help:love:.

Hello :wave:
Nice to hear that Elsa is doing ok :)
I use a metal comb for grooming Daisy, it is more thorough than a brush and makes it easier to find any tangles :)
You have to be very gentle though so it doesn't pull too hard when it catches a knot.

I use a metal comb one side has big gaps between the teeth and the other small gaps. and its the big gap one that is better at getting Charlies moulting fur out and tidying him up.

metal comb for the lion head and a zoom brush for the giant. Both work great so I guess it depends on the fur type. :)

I use a metal comb for kermit.....i got a pack of three brushes/combs from PAH for about £6. I found the metal comb the best.

Back