• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any Elderly Male bunnies looking for love? STILL LOOKING

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
As it has now been 6 weeks since Summer lost Woody and we are no longer going away, we need to make a decision about a new partner for her.
But before we decide whether a new partner is the right thing for her I thought I would see if there are actually any elderly boys looking for homes.

He would need to be neutered and around 7 to 8 years old, health problems aren't a problem and he would be living as a house rabbit. There are a few elderly boys on the rehome site but it doesn't specify if they are neutered and they are also quite a distance away. I wouldn't want a really old bunny to travel too far.

Summer will be 8 in May, she has no health issues except a bit of artheritis and has recently moved indoors. It is taking her a little while to get use to this transition but she is getting there. She can be a very fiesty bunny with other rabbits which is why we are not sure whether a new partner is the right thing for her. I do not want to put two elderly bunnies through a stressful bonding, but having a bunny living alone doesn't sit right with us. She must really miss Woody they ahd been together since she was a few months old.

Are there any elderly boy buns looking for love out there?

Last edited:
Hi Liz,

I know Caroline at the Rabbit Residence has got lots of elderly buns but I'm not sure if she's got any singles.

Thanks Sue

Every time I enquire about a bunny there it always seems to have been recently bonded, but I could give them another go:)

Yeah Caroline is usually pretty full so she does bond them up so that there is room for other urgent cases - I'd say it's definitely worth asking though!

You don't have any male bun to bond w/ Summer? I don't think they need to be old to match w/ Summer. Look at:

1) Hugh Hefner w/ his 6 girlfriends

2) Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore

3) Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins

they all works out fine. :D

Hi Liz

I do have one bunny who could be a suitable candidate. His name is Orlando and he's six and a nethieX. When he was four he had to have one eye removed, but has coped with this really well. He's in good health, neutered a while back, vaccinated against myxi, and a very placid little rabbit. I've been in a bit of a dilemma about him because he spends more time in the shed than any of the others, perhaps because he's older and feeling the cold, but I cannot keep him in a hutch after he's used to free-ranging during the day; at the same time I can't have indoor buns here. I think he would love to be a house rabbit so that he'd still have freedom but also extra warmth and a female companion. (Loads of male company here but that may not be the same...)

I know what a great home he would have with you and he's calm enough to cope with the journey if a bunny run could be arranged. Let me know if he sounds suitable? He's the blue bunny in the pic below:

Picture022.jpg

Orlando is a wonderful bunny and I was very grateful for the offer but there is no way I could take a bunny from such a wonderful life with Tinsel, especially when there are so many in rescue desperately looking for good homes :D

Do hope you find a lonely little bun to rescue instead. I know Orlando would have been happy with you but he is happy here too, and if a bun that's currently miserable could be happy as well, that would be really great... Do hope you find one soon :wave:

Unfortunately the bunny I was hoping to get for Summer is no longer available so I am still looking for that special elderly bunny :)

Thanks Kirsty I had looked on rehome. I love Ginger but he is reseverd. Digger I have had my eye on but it doesn't specify whether he is neutered and it is a long journey for an elderly bun, but I was planning to contact them if nothing closer to home turned up :)

Samson sounds perfect. I didn't see him when I checked rehome this morning how did I manage to miss such a gorgeous bunny :love:

Abbymarysmokey I think dominic and his brother are both gorgeous bunnies. Summer is very fiesty so if he has been picked on before I'm not sure they would be a good match, but you never can tell how bunnies are going to be with each other. Normally we don't take in bunnies under tha age of 5 unless they have health problems so I will enquire about Samson and if that doesn't work out I wont rule out Dominic. I'm sure we can bend the rules for such a pretty boy ;)

Back