• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing himmy (cottonmather)

tickles

Mama Doe
Well i did have himmy with my other boys but it didnt work out sadly.Here is a piccie of him when he was with them and 3 of the monsters who didnt give hima chance :cry:.
DSC00358.jpg

Hello Himmy :wave: Your rats are all so beautiful - and their cage looks like such good fun! :lol:

Last edited:
thanks faye means alot i just wanted you to know he is been looked after.he is a lovely lad but doesnt seemto get on with boys for some reason.The vets loved him lol i had to fight to get him home after his neuter.

:love::love: They are all beautiful, I cant see any monsters in the cage :shock: :lol:

None of my boys would accept Reuben either, I felt awful and he couldnt be neutered to go in with my friends girls because he wasnt well enough for the op :( So we had to just settle with living by himself in a cage near the others and free ranging with them under supervision x

I did find him to be more sensitive than the others who did have company :( The other lads didnt want to know at all, even during free range time they would all be sleeping and he would go and cuddle up next to them and they would get up and move away it was heartbreaking to watch because he wanted to be close to them :cry: Finn would tolerate sitting with him for a little while which was good, but Finn's cagemates didnt want to know

I was pretty lucky because my family were brilliant while I was at work with bringing him out of the cage and spending time with him. Whenever I was home he was with me and I did end up with a closer bond with Reuben than with any of my other rats

I had to come to England to get company for Finn, and I just couldnt risk it with Reuben because I just had an awful feeling that I would bring some more lads home and not be able to introduce them either and Reuben wasnt well from the day he arrived here so that didnt help :( I think I kept him as happy as I could though :) x

bless i had hoped my boys would like him but they bullied him and it wasnt fair to be honest i think they would have hurt him badly.
It is heartbreaking isnt it when they are on there own i hate it watching him there and he still as another 2 wks left :cry:

Awww if him being alone is only temporary dont go worrying :D He will be fine, Reuben seemed happy enough to just sit next to a person instead of a rat so its not going to do your lad any harm for a couple of weeks :)

Back