• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What Will Be.... Will Be....

On Sunday when the sun came out I was watching a lovely butterfly in my garden when all of a sudden it flew into a spiders web. I am terrifeid of spiders so I started screaming for my Husmand to come and rescue it. He got it out of the web just as the spider was coming down to get it! We took the poor butterfly in home and got a magnifying glass and tweesers and started gently getting the sticky web from its legs and wings. The butterfly just lay there and never tried to move ....whether it was terrified or knew we were hepling it I don't know, but it took us over half an hour to clear the web from this poor little thing. We put it in the utility room to make sure it could fly properly and it seemed no worse for it's experience.....so after a while we opened the door and let it out. Off it flew into the open air ....I felt so pleased with myself and happy that I had saved this little insect. Just as I was watching it flying by my window .....whoosh....a bird swooped down and caught it....then flew off with it.
I suppose it's true what they say....when your time is up nothing and no-one will stop you going!!!!!!!!
Carol

Oh Carol what a sad thing to type out:lol:

how about some nice news about your lovely foster bunnies? :D

Well... it was a sad thing to happen.......how do you think I felt....that poor little butterfly. You know how daft I am about things Jill....you should know me by now.
I have written something nice about my lovely foster buns in your 'rabbits in need' plea. They are the sweetest pair of bunsters, and so easy to love.

How sad :(

I saved 2 flies yesterday who were stuck in the net to our trampoline and then they flew off and it felt wonderful to have helped them.. even if they were 'just flies'.

In the end a bird got a meal though. the spider can eat other bugs anyway.

I have spiders in my room on my window sill (i let them stay there) and once they caught a fly and i tried to save it but it had the web stuck all over it and there was nothing I could do so I let the spider eat it :( It was sad tho. The fly was going beserk trying to get free and buzzing like crazy...

awww no. I thought it was going to get away then! well, food for birds has been scarce this year so I reckon that was a good turn...even if it was for the creature you didn't expect :)

LMAO!

Poor spider, you deprived it of a meal.

Stop interfering with nature! -.-;

Once I saw a dog trying to get a kitten and I managed to save the kitten from being killed by the dog.....I also saved a rabbit from a cat...BUT of course I shouldn't have done any of these two things because I was interfering with nature....wasn't I??????????????????

Once I saw a dog trying to get a kitten and I managed to save the kitten from being killed by the dog.....I also saved a rabbit from a cat...BUT of course I shouldn't have done any of these two things because I was interfering with nature....wasn't I??????????????????

Interfering with nature isn't really a phase you'd apply to situations involving domestic animals.

I've not seen many butterflies for the past two or three years, maybe they do need a helping hand.

Poor butterfly right after it had been given a second chance. I would have been upset too. Must be a slow death getting eaten by a spider...yuk.

Rabswood

Yep.

Shouldn't have done that.

Unless of course they were domestic, in which case the dog/cat would get meals at home, and the kitten/bunny probably has some owner therefore making them useless fending for themselves.

Btw, one question mark would've done.

Have a nice day. X)

Interfering with nature isn't really a phase you'd apply to situations involving domestic animals.

I've not seen many butterflies for the past two or three years, maybe they do need a helping hand.

No, they don't need a helping hand, if they go extinct it's their own fault, humans do more damage trying to rectify the problems they already cause within nature as it is.

Last edited:
No, they don't need a helping hand, if they go extinct it's their own fault, humans do more damage trying to rectify the problems they already cause within nature as it is.

so it could have nothing to do with the amount of pesticides etc that we use to protect *our* food?

four paws your story reminds me of charlottes web. She's caught a moth or a butterfly and wilbur asks her to let it go, she does but that would have been a big meal for her to help her build her nest and all her babies.

So how far do you go with this, let nature take its course thing?

If a member of your family had a serious illness, would you advise they refuse treatment?

So how far do you go with this, let nature take its course thing?

If a member of your family had a serious illness, would you advise they refuse treatment?

Nah, see, that's preservation of your own species. It's different.

@Lazy perspective:

Not really, we have "free will" but human nature is impulsive towards greed, it's why things like communism don't work.

We survived by getting what we could, whenever we could for ourselves, sod the others.

But hey, this is pointless, all I'm saying is that spider caught that butterfly fair and square, and it's not your place to deprive it of its bounty.

Yaaaawn, Some people :roll: Thats lovely that you cared as much to help that butterfly, gives you faith that the world isnt totally full of idiots ;)

Yaaaawn, Some people :roll: Thats lovely that you cared as much to help that butterfly, gives you faith that the world isnt totally full of idiots ;)

I agree about 'the idiots' pity they can't become extinct.
I ...like you am glad I saved that butterfly even though it was eaten by a bird
Carol

Back