• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milly's visit to the vet tonight.

capel

Warren Veteran
I mentioned on another thread that although milly had an appointment on Tuesday, I 'd decided to take her this evening as I wasn't100% sure about the paw which had been stapled on Tuesday. I didn't want to leave it to chance and perhaps incur another emergency fee. I'm so glad I went with my gut instinct. The good news is that the pwas which had the biggest and more serious abcess is looking great. Suzetta was amazed at its progess as that was the one which worried them most of all during the op. Isn't it just sod's law that the smaller one would prove to be the problem:roll:. She decided to remove the staples as it looked as though there was a bit of infection starting up and showed me how to clean the wound out with hibiscrub, and then put in some intrasite gel which helps to keep it a bit cleaner. She says to let her out in the run as much as possible as long as it's dry and the grass isn't muddy or contaminated by other animals. Fortunately there's a big area of lawn where none of the other rabbits have been for months so that can be here hospital zone:lol:. We'll review the situation again on tuesday but Suzetta is hopeful that strict wound hygiene should help clear it all up. We also had a chat about spaying her and the possibily of a dewlap reduction,but she admitted that she's very nervous of doing a reduction for 2 reasons: she's never seen one done, far less performed that sort of op, and also wonders if opening and suturing yet another site is advisable on a bunny who seems to be prone to abcesses. She says she'll do a bit of research though. So..can Milly please have some of your anti-infection vibes please and can I have tons of Bravery vibes because I'm quite squeamish about touching gaping wounds:shock::shock::shock: Talk about a steep learning curve:lol::lol::lol:

Lots of anti-infection vibes coming Milly's way.

And well done for being brave, I know what it's like as I am having to get over my eye phobia pretty quickly with Lottie's protuding eye :)

Well done for taking her. I think if you spay her, it might naturally reduce the dewlap. One of my french lops had a pronounced one which went totally after spaying.

But I'm not at all brave..that why Ineed some vibes too:lol::lol::lol::lol: Protruding eye?:shock::shock: Isn't it amazing what we can deal with when push comes to shove?:)

But I'm not at all brave..that why Ineed some vibes too:lol::lol::lol::lol: Protruding eye?:shock::shock: Isn't it amazing what we can deal with when push comes to shove?:)

Bet you didn't embarrass yourself at the vets like I did though. She was pulling Lottie's eye around and I could see all the blood vessels etc, It made me feel a bit queasy so I looked away but carried on stroking Lottie. Well at least i thought I was until i realised it was the vets hand :oops::oops::lol:

sending vibes, I know how you feel kind was a bit euggghhhh doing Nibbles abcsess earlier.

It's just something about flaps of skin:shock::shock::shock: I can't bear to look at the gills on fish either.... it really gives me the grue:(

Amazing what we'll do when we know we have to isn't it?....I was the same with my french lop Bella,she had several abcesses on her face and I wasn't at all keen the first time I had to look after one post op,but I did it and my vet was very impressed!

Yeah!!!! I managed it. I gave it all a good flush out with hibiscrub and then applied the gel and the lovely girlie just sat on the table patiently. She flinched twice, but was so good.

Yayyyyy well done. Now you need to make yourself a "I've been brave" sticker and have a boiled sweet :lol::lol::lol:

Well done - I think the first time is the worst. I had to clean out an open wound from my dear piggie Billy after he'd had a huge tumour removed and an infection meant it all opened back up again. I had to clean it out for about three weeks until it eventually healed. It really is amazing what you can do when you love something.

Hope Milly carries on doing well - she's such a beautiful and brave bunny.

Back