• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Less loving with a bunwife?

rabbitabby

Alpha Buck
This may be a silly question.. in fact I'm sure it is.. :oops:

All last night whilst I was trying to sleep I was thinking about visiting the bungirly at the rescue this evening, and being excited, but I have this fear that Polo will not be as friendly/loving with me? Does anyone else have a "special" bun, and are they different once they have a companion of their own specie? He's so friendly with me, he RUNS to me when I call him, he licks my knee or feet or hand once I'm done petting him :love: and we have binky dances together, he gets excited then I mimick him and its just all fun, I'm just scared that he'll be more withdrawn if he does have a bunwife? Or will he still act around me the same?

Anyone have any experience in adding a second bun and their behavior afterwards?

I had Candyfloss and she was attached to me, would sleep on me all sorts. Now she is bonded into her quad she doesn't want to know me. To be honest, that's fine by me because it shows I did the right thing by bonding her and I can see she is very happy.

I think it's natural for them to prefer animals of their own kind over us. However, some buns don't know they are rabbits, and your guy might be one of those (although those buns of mine like that won't actually bond with another rabbit, which is odd).

He won't stop loving you, but you might have to work harder to interact with him.

I agree, Lewis would go to sleep on me and watch Tv on my lap, we were really close when he was single. Once he was bonded to Prudence he never did it again.
This just proves to me that even though bunnies maybe happy with human company given the choice they are much happier sharing their life with their own kind. :D

I've always been close to Inky (I had him first and he lived in the house with us), although I obviously love them both equally:D.

Since Inky and Smokey have been bonded, he is still very close to me and it's nice because Smokey started to trust me much quicker because she saw Inky coming over to me.

alvin always hated me so when we got pearl i finally got a fussy bun :lol::lol::lol:

i think because hes now happier hes slightly more friendly than he was before he had a bun wife. but hey Alvin always has been the exception to the rule :roll:

I really would like him to have a companion during the day, as I'm only home in the morning until noon, and then I'm back home again around 8pm.. He is a house rabbit, and seems plenty entertained, but I do think he'd benefit from a girlfriend.. I'm so torn.. I really want to give this beautiful girl a home, and I can't wait to meet her, but I can't help but feel reluctant after hearing some of the feedback.. I would be crushed if Polo just ignored me the moment I bonded them.. is it bad of me to feel that way? :oops:

I really would like him to have a companion during the day, as I'm only home in the morning until noon, and then I'm back home again around 8pm.. He is a house rabbit, and seems plenty entertained, but I do think he'd benefit from a girlfriend.. I'm so torn.. I really want to give this beautiful girl a home, and I can't wait to meet her, but I can't help but feel reluctant after hearing some of the feedback.. I would be crushed if Polo just ignored me the moment I bonded them.. is it bad of me to feel that way? :oops:

I can understand it but I think that if you have a strong bond with a pet, they're unlikely to ignore you. They may be a bit wrapped up in their new friend to start with but they will still seek you for affection when they want it, my lot do.

I think it depends on the bun. sorrel was my special girl but im not in much so got her a husband and now i get twice the love - she gives me the same attention as she used to and he matches it :)

I really appreciate the thoughts and opinions on this.. :love:

I just love him so very much, I've never had such a special rabbit before.. Hopefully he'll show me just as much affection, because I know she'll do that for him when I'm not around, I know he'll be much happier with a friend.

Only 5 more hours til I leave to go see her! Oh I'm so excited! :D

Thanks again for all of your opinions and feedback.. you guys are awesome! :wave:

Lara's always complaining that Stan isn't as affectionate with her since we got Carmel. I do try to point out that it's much fairer on Stan now he has someone to enjoy the days and nights with, but she feels a bit rejected :D.

Aftr I wrote my post about Candyfloss ignoring me, I went out to see them and she came over for a fuss (I think she read what I wrote and wanted to prove me wrong).

I have a trio and one of the bucks used to sit and lick me when he was single, now he is in the trio he still comes to lick me and he always brings a girlfriend so I get twice the licks.

I have a very special guy, and I would love to bond him with someone because he won't be any less special to me, it would just make his life happier to have someone, but so far, he thinks he is bonded to me, and only me.

It's not bad to feel like you do, but remember to try to think what is best for him, not what is best for you. You never know though, you might find that you end up in a trio with the two boys and all they want to do is spend time with you :)

Trip is my little love bun :) When he was single he was always right next to me, grooming me, sleeping on me, jumping all over me at 3am for attention :lol: He was such a little cuddler :love:

Now he lives with Scarlett, I dont get as much attention from him as I used to but he is still affectionate towards me :) He still goes mad when he hears me open the door, but now I have both him and Scarlett waiting for me instead of just him :love: He cuddles up next to me just not as often as he used to, and Scarlett cuddles up too :lol:

He still knows he is safe with me, if something frightens him like a noise outside he is straight in my lap with his girly following him. And he is still very much bonded with me even though he isnt constantly wanting cuddles anymore

And im just as happy to sit and watch him groom Scarletts head as I was to sit and watch him groom me :) He loves Scarlett to bits and its the most amazing thing to watch :love: I just wish my other two would bond x

Back